VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Arthritis And Ibs

Rate this question

bergin c/o

Question

hello i have some posting elseware in the forum .just an update saw docter today ordered 20 vials of blood. i have ibs .diverticulitis(got that cut out in december) bad hip arthritis.right hip has been replaced left gets done in 2 moths. have alot of body tightness .lower back mid and upper back, shoulders . am 41 and have too much inflamation for someone my age . new docter is going to try and look at things as a whole .get blood done next week we will see

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

told her of my service in the gulf. said i have too many things going on at once.she asked what other doctors had said . i told her they deal with the symptoms not the whole .so get my x-rays together and get the b;lood done next week

Best of luck, and sorry to hear about the issues going on. If I'm not mistaken, IBS/ colorectal issues have been tied to arthritis of various types as they tend to be auto-immune related. In my case, I have Psoriatic Arthritis and have lost most of my colon to colon cancer and other issues. Both tend to be related to auto-immune problems in my case. Were you in theater? I’d check the presumptive issues for Gulf War.

yes i was in theater. i have filled claims before but the docters are tough . no one wanted to tie the pieces together. said you are young to have these issues deal with the symptoms not the how. then when you mention the v.a. they all get freaked out.am going to a new docter that said the intestinal issues might tie in with the arthritis . so it is a step in the right direction

read this http://www.ngwrc.org/docs/2010%20health%20guide.pdf

IBS is a presumptive to the gulf war so are some other things in the guide.

look at the link and share with your doctor.

http://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/gulfwar/medically-unexplained-illness.asp