VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spartan3 - Ptsd Help For New Member

Rate this question

Spartan3

Question

I have been referred to and have been accepted into the Batavia PTSD program (4 week program) and I am reporting there on june 5th 2012. I am already 60% disabled through the VA (30 % for PTSD and the rest for an injury I suffered from and IED explosion i survived). I have been unable to hold a job due to my SC disabilities and I have been barley able to survive, feed myself and pay my bills to keep a roof over my head with just living on what the VA pays me monthy at 60%. My Ptsd symptoms have gotten so bad that it is hard for me to even function normally anymore. I wish i could have my normal life back, and I wish I could actually work and make a living so that I didnt have to try to live off of $1,000 a month for the rest of my life. I have been going to outpatient treatment for the last 3 years since returning home from my last deployent to afghanistan, and over this past winter I put in a request for a raise in my disability rating. I'm hoping that my attendance at this 4 week program will help the VA see how badly I truly am affected by my PTSD and that they will help me survive, but most of all, I really hope this program helps me function more like a normal human being, liek the guy i used to be, i cant remember the lst time i Truly was happy, or truly smiled...seems like forever ago, im broken

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I wish I could tell you it gets better, but I can't. I have been on the Merry-go-round for 15 years. Some days are better than other but you can never go back to where you started. Stay in therapy and try to cop as best you can. We lean on each other. Wishing you the best.

I am familiar with some vets who have gone into the program in Batavia and also the Buffalo VA in house program.

I have never hard anything negative about these programs and,in this respect, they can be excellent.

My husband was in the Buffalo in house for PTSD many years ago and he said it was the best therapy for PTSD he had gotten yet from the VA.

His only complaint was that he needed a whole year of the in house therapy to deprogram a year of hell in Vietnam.

Have you formally filed for TDIU with the 21-8940 form?

Someone at Batavia will help you apply for the temp 100% comp for the 21 day treatment.

Sharon said it all. PTSD doesn't go away but good therapy can help.

Welcome to hadit.

Lots of info here on TDIU claims.

Like Sharon says, there is no going back. But I find that understanding what is going on really does help. I am about a year and a half into getting help for PTSD. I resisted the idea for quite a while (that I was suffering from this...) but because of the some really good people at the VA programs I understand a lot more. Going to groups helps a lot. Hang in there.