VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fibromyalgia / Ibs

Rate this question

ButchC130

Question

I have been told that if you have so many symptoms of Fibromyalgia ( that have already been SC) that the VA will group those individual ratings together for 1 rating.

IE: headaches @ 10%

chronic fatigue @ 20%

left knee strain ( joint) 10%

right knee surgery residuals 10 %

documented neuropathy

documented IBS - recently filed a claim not SC yet

documented joint pain and stiffness

documented memory loss

Anyway, the maximum you can be rated for with Fibro is 40 %. And I haven't heard what the rating max is for IBS.

The question is, is it likely for the VA to group ratings together ( inferred) so they will not have to give a higher % for individual ratings of the symptoms ?

Thank you.

Edited by ButchC130

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

max ibs is 30%

I think you would have to have a medical diagnosis of fibro for them to change anything. If you don't have a diagnosis and they change it any way I don't think they can do that.

5025 Fibromyalgia (fibrositis, primary fibromyalgia syndrome)

With widespread musculoskeletal pain and tender points, with or without associated fatigue, sleep disturbance, stiffness, paresthesias, headache, irritable bowel symptoms, depression, anxiety, or Raynaud's-like symptoms:

That are constant, or nearly so, and refractory to 40%

That are episodic, with exacerbations often precipitated by environmental or emotional stress or by overexertion, but that are present more than one-third of the time 20%

That require continuous medication for control 10 %

Note: Widespread pain means pain in both the left and right sides of the body, that is both above and below the waist, and that affects both the axial skeleton ( i.e. , cervical spine, anterior chest, thoracic spine, or low back) and the extremities.

If the veteran has been diagnosed and treated for both conditions and they are chronic, then they should be rated separately