VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Exam Result What Does It Mean

Rate this question

Sapper101

Question

Just got my C&P exam for my tinnitus the audiologist put at least as likely as not caused by or a result of military noise exposure. Acoustic trauma has been conceded. For my back and ankle the opinion states the Veterans current right ankle and back disabilities are incurred in or caused by his active duty service as well documented in his SMR. Separation physical showed recurrent back pain and ankle sprain in 1993. My question is what does all this mean.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It means that the tinnitus should be decided in your favor based on the opinion of the examiner. The "at least as likely as not" means there's a 50% chance the issue is due to military service and the benefit of the doubt should fall to you = granted (10% is max for this). Also, the second contention was linked by the examiner directly to service. I'd prefer not to use a crystal ball, but I'd bet both will be decided in your favor. It isn't clear to what degree the second issue would be rated and guessing would be just that... Best of luck!

For the back and ankle is that based on ROM alone or can pain on ROM be also a factor.

For my back I do have ROM of 70 foward flexion,50 painful motion begins,25 extension ends,15 extension painful motion begins,30 lateral ends,20 lateral evidence of pain begins, 30 lateral ends,20 lateral flexation evidence of pain begins,30 right lateral rotation ends,20 lateral evidence of pain begins.For the post-test forward flexion ends 70, post-test extension ends 25,right lateral flexion ends 30,left flexion ends 30, right lateral rotation ends 30,left lateral rotation ends 30 .

For the ankle ROM is planter flexion end 40,planter pain begins 30,dorsiflexion 15,dorsiflexion pain begins 10,post-test plantar ends 40, post-test dorsiflexion 15.

Does the numbers look in my favor or against me.