VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

June 1St Payment

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

Rating coach told my vso that I should get my regular monthly payment on June 1st (today) but it didn'thappen, only my retro was deposited. Does that mean I get both May and June on July 1st?

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

My retro was always separate from my regular monthly check. Still you prolly should check on it Monday

If you got your retro payment on the first your regular payment should have been included. They pay through the first of the month if the deadline for submission has not passed.

Also if you call the 800# and wait for the promp to come up to check your payments, it'll tell you when, and how much your monthly comp was paid.

Coot

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm thinking you think you're entitled to more. Could your regular monthly pay have been included and you figured your retro wrong?? I figure your deposit for retro and May, 2012's check, paid 6/1/12, should be 16 months at whatever your rate is. Remember you get nothing for January, 2011 and actual payment for Feb, 2011, doesn't start until March 1, 2011. jmo

pr

Rating coach told my vso that I should get my regular monthly payment on June 1st (today) but it didn'thappen, only my retro was deposited. Does that mean I get both May and June on July 1st?

Edited by Philip Rogers

It appears you're right on this Philip. According to award letter they calculated from Feb 2011 and then added cola beginning Dec.~~10 mo. x $ 1427=$14,270 ~~ 6 mo. x $ 1478=$ 8,868 Total $23,138

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

• HadIt.com Elder

Yup, that's what I figured, too. Sorry!

pr

It appears you're right on this Philip. According to award letter they calculated from Feb 2011 and then added cola beginning Dec.~~10 mo. x $ 1427=$14,270 ~~ 6 mo. x $ 1478=$ 8,868 Total $23,138