VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A O Symptoms

Rate this question

BUZZ

Question

Just went in the hospital and they found out that I have coronary artery disease also known as bradycardia ( slow heart rate) Should I file a claim for AO ?

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Capt.

Yes, I say if you can't go in the front door try the window or backdoor to get SC. That is how I got HB and other stuff. Your doctor (PCP) can be your friend and if you know something about your regs and disease secondary problems such as all those to do with DMII I think you can go a long way. When the VA makes a condition presumptive they open the door for all secondary conditions and there are a ton of them for DMII.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

Capt.

Yes, I say if you can't go in the front door try the window or backdoor to get SC. That is how I got HB and other stuff. Your doctor (PCP) can be your friend and if you know something about your regs and disease secondary problems such as all those to do with DMII I think you can go a long way. When the VA makes a condition presumptive they open the door for all secondary conditions and there are a ton of them for DMII.

John

Sort of on and off topic at the same time!

I received an envelope the other day from the NVLSP. It contained a copy of the Nehmer review decision. The decision was correct in the overall EDD date, and award for IHD, but obviously erred in some secondary decisions.

One was a later EDD assigned than the overall EDD, even though evidence showed treatment well before the overall EDD (set by claim date). Another decision used current law instead of the law that was in place on and well after the overall EDD. This resulted in 0% rating instead of 10% for the secondary.

When queried, the NVLSP stated that they did not have the time or manpower to deal with secondaries, and were just concentrating on IHD awards.

So, if you have secondary conditions related to IHD, don't depend on the NVLSP to help when/if the VA does not properly deal with them..

Hello John and Chuck,

John your thoughts on this and what you did are very similiar to mine. I also had several Doctors including VA who did not know the regulations but understood the diseases. It did help the Doctors to know and they were more than helpful after I showed them the regulations and the proper way to address my issues. Secondary issues are always going to be an issue for any service connected Veteran. Most Veterans do not understand this and never press the issue. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Chuck ,,, I could understand the NVLSP and their lack of manpower on the secondaries. It looks like the folks here at Hadit are going to have to fill in the gap .................................. like they usually do. Thank you Chuck .

NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

Buzz

That condition of yours is presumptive on its own if you were "boots on the ground" RVN vet. How did you find out about it?