VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Records Question Again?

Rate this question

Guest jangrin

Question

Guest jangrin

After waiting three months we got my husbands records from NPRC. There was not one medical record in the envelope. His entire records package was 6 sheets of paper and two of them were certified copies of his DD-214. They said we need to contact the local vet office nearest us and request the medical records from them. Now should we request the medical records from the RO or should we wait until we can submit everything and then request a copy of the c-file or should we drive the four hours and go in person to get a copy of the c-file? what's up with the medical records originals being sent, not copies? I'm not sure we getting the straight stuff here. :rolleyes: Anyone have any imput on this?

Jangrin :unsure:

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

They keep asking for medical nexus and proof of service (vietnam) so I wonder how much of the records they have acutually gotten.

The VA certainly has a copy of his complete DD214… Why would they question where he served!!

I agree with Vike 17, Just request all records a once. The sooner you file the early the ED.

It appears you have all your ducks in a row. Good Luck.