VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Opinion On Hardship Request To Va To Speed Up Claim

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

Opinion on hardship request to VA to speed up claim.

I filed on basis of health hardship. I would like to now if others have experience on hardship claims...

I see people 'mention' either financial, or health.. or both..

My question has more to do with the type of health issues that the VA might take serious and speed up an appeal...

Has anyone gotten a claim sped up througha hrdship claim?

While I suffer from a fatal disease that is killing me, but with no date when it will either kill me or send me back into a hospital bed. The surgeons told me my prognosis is poor, and that is only one of my health problems.. They just don't know when it going to happen... but necrotizing pancreas disease if usally fatal, within several years.. I also have many other complications cysts on the pancreas, the tissue is dying.. and I have thrombosis of the splenic vein.. my blood prossure can drop suddenly, and it has in the past sending me into the hospital by ambulance with sirens. The splenic vein is partially clogged, and if a clog breaks loose it can go into my heart or brain...

If someone has asay terminal cancer and is given a few months to live, they might file a hardship to speed their claim,, one difference is I don't have a date when...

but it is factually true that my disease has no cure and it is fatal.. plus I have several other health issues that are serious.. with long hospitalizations, on record...

along with hospitalizations tha that happened on active duty 30 years ago..

Do to other disabled Veterans Opinions on hardship requests, to the VA to speed up claims, do you think my request is enough to move them, or do you think they ignore a request unless you only have a solid diagnosis of only a few months to live.. Is my hardship enough?

I have read a lot of opinions about hardship requests,, and there are basically to opinions...

1)they help speed up the requests

2)the claim 'c-file' is pulled and then shuffled to the bottom of the deck and you actually lose your space and go nowhere with the hardship claim..

Of course I am financially screwed, have been for 20 years.., since I have bene usnable to work for 20 years,, and am on SSDI for permanent disability. But my Hardship request is for the health issues.

I am hoping there are opnions for people who have actually filed hardship requests and eithe got a repsonse or didn't get a response. Also, that it was a spereate paper I gave them a hardship request for my claim top be sped up... and only last thing, I waited intil more than 3 years has passed since my claim was file and 1.5 years since my DRO hearing and no decision. So, I did not just ge tupset after a short time.. I waited several years to give them plenty of time to do the right thing.. my request is that I want them to speed up my claim beofre I either die or become incapacitated. I do have a history of not being able to care for myself for long periods of time, and it will happen again... So, that is the short verison of my reason.

Do those with experience think what I did is right, and do you think it wil speed up my claim?

Also, I gave my hardship letter info to my congressmans office to look into my claim delay... and while the conressman isn't going to directly help, his staff will.

I already asked in other threads about this and some people said it just shuffles you stack to the bottom, other threads in Veerans forums say it helps.. But, like I said, I am asking about if the request on the bais of health issues helps..

Thanx..

I am looking forward to hearing from those with experience...

If it makes any difference, it is the San Diego office.

(yes I read some of those reports of which offices have the largest workloads..)

Edited by retiredat44

• HadIt.com Elder

Retiredat44

I found a piece of paper and based on that paper I filed a CUE. I hope that piece of paper will pay me. I am trying to find some medical notes that I know existed in 1971. I don't know if they exist today. They were mentioned in prelude to a courts martial, so I know they once existed. It might help me in another fight I am getting ready to start. A very careful reading of your C-File is the place to start especially if you have an old case. In the old cases they just ignored evidence and excluded what they did not agree with which is violation of due process and possible CUE.