VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question For The Board. How Long Between C File Request Before A Veteran Can Request A New One

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello All,

I have requested a new Cfile and VA has denied under FOIA rules because they sent one in 2008. The new denial letter on the request for a Cfile says they will not send one unless I am willing to pay for it and that is a real hurdle due to complexity and volume. So the question to the board is when can a Veteran request under FOIA a new Cfile if he or she has already received on, WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT???

NEVER GIVE UP . God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

You can request one when you're willing to pay for it. Other than that, you can get a free updated portion from the date of the last request. If you requested a copy in 2008, you can get a free copy from 2008 to present and add it to the previous copy. Sometimes the VA will offer to allow you to come in and make a new copy free, if you do the copying. I've had this offer, once, but preferred

they do it and paid for my new copy, which was around $125, at the time.

pr

Hello All,

I have requested a new Cfile and VA has denied under FOIA rules because they sent one in 2008. The new denial letter on the request for a Cfile says they will not send one unless I am willing to pay for it and that is a real hurdle due to complexity and volume. So the question to the board is when can a Veteran request under FOIA a new Cfile if he or she has already received on, WITHOUT PAYING FOR IT???

NEVER GIVE UP . God Bless, C.C.

The VA law stated that you get one FREE copy then you pay after that. You should have a copy of everything you sent in, you can get and thing done like the C&P at your VA.

Asked for anything since 2008 or ask your VSO to help you.

Edited by Gulfvet45

• HadIt.com Elder

I had a copy of my File which my lawyer had gotten from me. We went to a BVA hearing. The judge had a copy of my C-file about three times as large as the one I had. What they have and what we have may be very different. I got a copy of what the judge had no charge. Talk about due process when you don't even know what the other side has to use against you. It is good to get a complete file since all this stuff is on paper. Paper can be shredded or burned.