VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Q

Rate this question

j92mike

Question

I had two exams in March one on the 9th where I had 35 x rays done and some ROM.The dr told me once he got the results and was done with them he would send them back to QTC. The dr did not have my records. My second one was a mental eval on the 20th this dr had the last three months of my records. She told me she had five days to send her eval back to QTC.

I knew it took 4-6 wks to be sent back to the VA. So when the six wks was up I began my calling first the VA the person I spoke to said he could not see where the results had been recieved. So I called QTC the woman who answered the phone said it was four to six wks from my last exam. Ok. So I wait the extra two wks and call again. I lv a message for my case manager two days later I get a phone call from QTC saying I needed to have another exam done. So I had that exam done on May 11th. Breathing test and chest xray. One of the techs said she was not sure why I did not have this all done when I was there in March. (Im not sure either cause checking vital signs blood urine samples is the first thing that gets done).

Every wk since my last exam I have called QTC and left a message with my case manager and no response yet I called the VA not showing anything either.

So my question is do I have to wait an additional six wks for my results to be sent to the RO.?

Also, I claimed many conditions herniated disc sciatica being two of them. I assumed that the xrays would be to cover all conditions however a herniated disc will not show on an xray. Is it possible they will hit me with another exam or will I be rated with what they have?

NOTE: This is my claim goes back to June 2010 in Virginia. Reclaimed May 2011 in Georgia.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I had two exams in March one on the 9th where I had 35 x rays done and some ROM.The dr told me once he got the results and was done with them he would send them back to QTC. The dr did not have my records. My second one was a mental eval on the 20th this dr had the last three months of my records. She told me she had five days to send her eval back to QTC.

I knew it took 4-6 wks to be sent back to the VA. So when the six wks was up I began my calling first the VA the person I spoke to said he could not see where the results had been recieved. So I called QTC the woman who answered the phone said it was four to six wks from my last exam. Ok. So I wait the extra two wks and call again. I lv a message for my case manager two days later I get a phone call from QTC saying I needed to have another exam done. So I had that exam done on May 11th. Breathing test and chest xray. One of the techs said she was not sure why I did not have this all done when I was there in March. (Im not sure either cause checking vital signs blood urine samples is the first thing that gets done).

Every wk since my last exam I have called QTC and left a message with my case manager and no response yet I called the VA not showing anything either.

It's been 3 months - VBA should have had your results from the QTC - C&P examiner a long time ago,

I believe within one week of the exam, or so. - carlie

So my question is do I have to wait an additional six wks for my results to be sent to the RO.?

No - something is not going right or you have misunderstood or been given some wrong information. - carlie

Also, I claimed many conditions herniated disc sciatica being two of them. I assumed that the xrays would be to cover all conditions however a herniated disc will not show on an xray. Is it possible they will hit me with another exam or will I be rated with what they have?

The VBA decision maker should factor in SMR/STR's and the results of the C&P examinations

to make their decision. Hopefully the right C&P's were done along with measurements of range of motion. - carlie

NOTE: This is my claim goes back to June 2010 in Virginia. Reclaimed May 2011 in Georgia.

When you get the rating decision (be prepared to continue waiting), if something was granted as SC'd,

and you have proof of submitting your 21-526 in June 2010 - I feel you can get that as your effective date,

(maybe perhaps earlier due to be out such a short amount of time) rather than May 2011.

JMHO - carlie

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I don"t know if it is the same every where but QTC will not give any information out. The VA will not give out the results till a decision is made on your claim. If the VA does the exam you can get the results in aweek or two.

I have never been sent for a QTC exam, so am not familiar of how much different the process is, but on a C&P exam that I was scheduled through the VAMC, I noted on ebenefits (it's useful for some things) when the file was returned to VARO (8 days from last exam). For my claim, it took about another month after the last C&P before the claim was looked at again, or at least according to the ebenefits site, which is the only availability to gather something. Since, I have called the 800# (another useless attempt), but the information they could give me was no more updated than what I already had. Regardless of exam examiner, it seems to me, VARO should have gotten the file back, unless they are expecting to schedule another exam. My file was kept at the VAMC until all requested by VARO exams were complete. It's too bad the person helping you with your claim is not returning your calls. I hope that you get better information soon...

Thanks yall for the info. I ended up calling QTC front desk anf let the rep know had not heard from my CM. Turned out my case was transfered to someone else. When I spoke to her she told me my exam results had been sent back to the DAV June 4th. So I did not have to wait four weeks just three.

I filed in June 2010 online. While I dont have any proof that I know of. I do know the DAV has it. I did not think it was relevant anymore since it was done in a different state.

Beautiful photo!!!!

Have you been able yet, to obtain a copy of the QTC C & P exam?

Dr. Craig Bash ( a vet's IMO doctor) and I have been trying to see why these exams become a problem for some vets to obtain when they are completed.

My original letter to VBA in DC on that matter was transferred to my VARO here in NY and the response was that these exam results are available if the veteran requests them under the Privacy Act.

Yeah right maybe for this VARO but this has been a problem for some veterans, as I understand it.

My letter to the head of VHA hasnt been responded to yet.

I could not have fully prepared any responses to past SOCs I got without C & P results.

Some C & P exams results in the past ,regarding my claims, were even parsed and manipulated to say enough for VA to deny.

I only found that out some years ago, when I called the C & P doctor and raised Hell and found his actual C & P opinion was different from what VA stated in the SOC.

Plus they 'forgot' to even give him my husband's 6 page autopsy. The C & P doc was very pissed to find out from me that his opinion was

based on a serious lack of pertinent medical facts. It was when I realised the VA employs a MF=

MF Mysterious force who removes the good stuff from the C file or med recs and then puts it back after the VA denies the claim.

I dont really think that happens too often but it pays to read over Evidence lists in decisions VERY carefully.

C & P exams control our claims and ,without knowing what it says, we cannot adequately respond to a SOC in time or even obtain an IMO that can knock it down.

The SSOC response deadline ,at 30 days , compounds this problem.

I asked the heads of VHA and VBA,since VA wants to go paperless ,to simply attach the results of C & P exams whether from VA or QTC, directly to ebenefits as soon as they are received by the VARO.

I dont know what Dr. Petzel's response will be yet, and maybe the best place to go next is to the H VAC members to gripe about this serious issue.

Most vets don't have a problem getting C & P results.

But I might ask here for a poll at some point as to how many have had C & P results access problems.

Maybe QTC is getting as backlogged as the VA is.

Edited by Berta