VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Re-eval

Rate this question

Berta

Question

I think I mentioned this friend of mine-

He has AO cancer, 100% Sec 1151, PTSD at 50% and GSW to leg- 40% and SMC.

They sent him a re-evaluation notice- I got him the 100% in May 1995- the most recent % is PTSD from his vet reps help-

He has been emailing me and called me today as he cannot relax at all over this-

He found out today that they are looking at his AO cancer and also his PTSD for a re-evaluation

He has NHL so maybe that would make sense as this can go into remission and he has done well with it.

I dont see how they ever rated him for direct SC for this but he doesn't understand what I mean. I typed a claim for him 3 years ago but he never gave it to his vet rep- he is waiting to see if I win my AO direct death claim and then he will send it in-I am unable to get him to see that he should file it yesterday! (he has had it for almost 3 years all typed up.)

Well -this is what I am asking-

the PTSD rating is only about 3 years old- he always denied PTSD-I have know him 20 years but his vet rep got him to file it-ad he got 50%.

question- he still has the GSW and scarring, and the PH and combat MOS-(actually he has 2 PHs , never claimed residuals on one and I forget how to say 2 PHs.) What the heck would they want to look at his PTSD rating for?

Two re-evaluations- I dont get this at all-

He has nothing to be concerned with as far as I can see- and has that paper trail the VA loves so well but

does this seem odd to anyone?

Actually I think his PTSD should be definitely rated 100%. But this could go a different way.

This vet is the first disabled vet I met when I moved to NY.

He has medical statements of unemployability on each SC disability he has,I think-hope he knows where they are-his med recs were here for many years.

His wife wrote a letter to VA about how unfair this was and how it is bothering him.

They don't care though. I am baffled why anyone with a PH and combat MOS would go through a re-evaluation. He served during Tet and that's when he got shot.

Thanks all for any thoughts.

This man is a good example of a very smart man whose PTSD interferes with his ability to process information.

He thinks he is dumb, He isn't at all but it takes him time-due to PTSD to understand information and even most conversation.

And the stress they put him through is awful with this re-eval letter.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Gee- he asked me yesterday if he should really start talking to his shrink about Vietnam----

say what?

But that isnt really unusual for a PTSD vet not to say much to a shrink-- Rod had things he told me and his shrink-then things he only told me and the horrible things he could not talk to anyone about-

I think the affect to ones employability is the actual bases of all PTSD ratings- however, in the last five years- I have consistently seen 50% awarded if the vet has the PH regardless of anything else.

PH is obviously due to a GSW-and is a known life threatening stressor.