VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80% To Iu Pending Approval

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

My IU claim has been pending approval since 6-1-2012. I haven't worked since mid 2010. I got rated at 80% for ptsd / asthma last year and shortly after getting SC'ed I filed the IU claim. Are there any tricks that I can use to get a person on the 800# to tell me if it is approved or denied?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You might try asking what rate you're currently being paid at or ask the date and amount of most current check that's been paid.

pr

My IU claim has been pending approval since 6-1-2012. I haven't worked since mid 2010. I got rated at 80% for ptsd / asthma last year and shortly after getting SC'ed I filed the IU claim. Are there any tricks that I can use to get a person on the 800# to tell me if it is approved or denied?

• HadIt.com Elder

If your TDIU claim has been pending since 6-1-2012 that is not even a week. I would not think in terms of weeks for a claiming that is pending. Are you able to live on the money you have right now? If so I would relax. I don't think there are tricks to make claims that are pending hit the bank. If you worry about a claim that is pending after a week you will go insane.

It is part of me I guess. I make myself go nuts whenever there is something involving me and a time frame. Just like if I had an appointment tomorrow I'd we dwelling on it all night. Mostly things that I don't know the answer to. Like if I start thinking about something and I don't know the answer I'll have to google it before I can go to bed. I hate whwn they say xxx days on average. Not knowing "when" drives me crazy.

Carlie,i did as you said and found out what the ssid awarded me for and depression is one of them. i am

30% for depression and 10% for tbi, i did put in for iu and just waiting for c&p exam. it only took me 2 months and got ssd and back pay for one year, but i think that is as far as ssd will go in any state(not sure). i know you once said that the va hardly look at ssd evidences, but i got my ssd with the info i gave them from the va medical records and the dr.that ssd sent me to. so i was just wondering if that would be enough to get iu. this may be a little long but will tell you a few things that ssd and my doctor said and hope this will give me a better chance at getting iu(if i get lucky) and the va look at my ssd award.

1. Medical Opinion from my va psychiatrist: since nov. 2009 claimant has experienced persisting mental health sxs including anxiety, panic attacks, sleep disturbance, mood swings, withdrawal from others, depressed mood, low energy, and manic episode. she is dx with bipolar d/o and ptsd. exacerbation of sxs of ptsd have limited her ability to maintain gainful employment. prognosis for significant, change and improvement is probably poor. it is believed by the examiner that she cannot manage beneifits in her own best interest (my up & down of bipolar) at the present time because of her inability to make even simple change.

A. Conclusion: claimant had some difficulty following some instructions. her attention and concentration are reduced below normal. i do not believe she would be able actively perform repetitive tasks with any consistency. i believe she would have a lot of difficulty relating to people around her in a work setting and that she would not be able to tolerate the stress and pressures associated with day-to-day work activity.

2. Medical determinable impairments and severity by ssd

A. impairmenta diagnorders----------priority----------------------severity

The affective disorder primary severe

Anxiety disorder secondary severe

B. SSD MSE accepatable source Dr.Levitt: dx bipolar d/o, anxiety nos, ptsd, possible personality disorder. Throughout the interview she appeared very nervous, at times somewhat shaky, she was slightly tremulous at times. no other unsual mannerisms, posture and gait were fairly normal. she spoke in a low voice with a normal rate and rate. Prognosis for significant, change and improvement is probably poor.it believe by the exminer that she cannot manage benefits in her own best interest at the present time because of her inability to make even simple change. With all that being said, would it be a good ideal to take this txt to my c&p exam dr.? and should i mail a copy of this txt as more info for my iu claim or would that just push my claim back? Not sure how long it will take after my c&p but i can wait it out. Was told by my amvet rep. that i should hear something by aug of the year. All input is welcome.

P.S. NO I AM NOT AS CRAZY AS IT SOUNDS AND I DO JUST FIND WITH PAYING MY OWN BILLS, BUT DO HAVE A HARD TIME WHEN I GET MANIC AND GO SHOPPING. I AM I THE ONLY LADY THE WILL SHOP TIL SHE DROPS OR MONEY RUN OUT? WHICH EVER COMES FIRST!!!!

So I guess I forgot to send in some form so it looks like I will have to file a NOD and send in the papers showing I get SSDI.

From 2005 to 2010 they VA had me on a lot of asthma medicine since they thought I had asthma. I don't have asthma since it was a misdiagnoses and they let me keep the 30% for it. Now they're proposing to reduce the 30% to 0.