VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

80% To Iu Pending Approval

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

My IU claim has been pending approval since 6-1-2012. I haven't worked since mid 2010. I got rated at 80% for ptsd / asthma last year and shortly after getting SC'ed I filed the IU claim. Are there any tricks that I can use to get a person on the 800# to tell me if it is approved or denied?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So I got my denial letter in the mail from the RO... In the letter it states that since I play a PC game called, "Civilization 5" that I am able to work... Because the PC game requires concentration and hours of gameplay..... I never told the moron (CP doc) anything about the game other than it is my "favorite" one. He just assumes that since I play it that I can stay concentrated for hours on end. Oh yeah and his stupid ass test that is answered with a 1 or 2. I have computer smarts and knew I could hit 1 or 2 instead of clicking. It made the test go by fast and since it went by fast. I must be able to do some work...

• HadIt.com Elder

I would get an IMO if I had the money. Ask for a DRO Hearing in your NOD. I was 70% and on SSDI and my TDIU was turned down the first time. They said I was disabled due to opiate addiction. Nothing in my two IMO's said opiate addiction was why I was disabled. Both reports said bi-polar disorder and that I was totally disabled. I had thirty years of treatment. You just have to fight them with evidence and their own regs.

IMO is the best way to go. Research the BVA and you will see IMOs seem to hold greater weight.