VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Have A C&p In A Couple Weeks What To Expect

Rate this question

GDavis9755

Question

March last year I was awarded 90%SC. Right after that I received TDIU at 100% T&P. Life was great after years of the fight..

Then the same month (March) I was DX with small cell lung cancer (Limed). I filed for SC because of AO and was awarded 100% with aid and attedance.

After 6 treatments of chemo, along with 35 radiation the same time. After that 15 radiation brain treatments. Here we are in June of this year they want to have a C&P for my (respiratory problem). I so far am NED for the cancer. It's all the other problems that really hard on me. Some where and some how I had two TIC strokes, can't feel much in my feet, found out last week I have a vein that is completely blocked but have two other veins that has by-passed the main one. I also got 65% damage to my kidneys .

I,m still tired all the time sweat at night, hit the bath room 8-12 times a night, dizzy when I stand or walk, can't walk 100 ft with out almost passing out.

I figure they'll knock me back to TDIU which would cost me money. Do I need to file for all the other problems that has been caused frome the cancer treatment? I was well and no idea of what the treatment was going to do to me. Thaks

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You have come to the right place. Welcome Aboard!

Were you in Vietnam? It seem that they have gave you P&T?

There is a lot good people here, hang on and you will get help here!!

• HadIt.com Elder

They are looking at the cancer to see if your cured.

You should be at SMC L or higher now since you have a 100 plus a 90 and a and a.

You should file for the kidneys and other things and maybe depression if you have it to offset any reductions by the VA.

J

Did two tours in Nam. First tour with 1st Cav as a grunt, went to flight school 2nd tour with the 101airborne up north. I was rated with all my combined at 90%. They then gave me TDIU. The cancer at present is stable. My cancer Dr says I will always have the cancer it's under control right now. Could come back and I'm screwed. I'm taking PET scans every 3 months. As it is a very aggressive cancer. Less then 5% make it to 5 years. As far as SMC as L I'm not sure they gave me that. I was moved to 100% with aid and attendance.

As I'm already rated TDIU P&T. What should I expect filing for the lung damage, kidney, and the other problems the treatment has caused?

Did two tours in Nam. First tour with 1st Cav as a grunt, went to flight school 2nd tour with the 101airborne up north. I was rated with all my combined at 90%. They then gave me TDIU. The cancer at present is stable. My cancer Dr says I will always have the cancer it's under control right now. Could come back and I'm screwed. I'm taking PET scans every 3 months. As it is a very aggressive cancer. Less then 5% make it to 5 years. As far as SMC as L I'm not sure they gave me that. I was moved to 100% with aid and attendance.

As I'm already rated TDIU P&T. What should I expect filing for the lung damage, kidney, and the other problems the treatment has caused?

As far as I know,is that once you are P&T. You are max out on money, except for SMC's. I'm up to 380 %, but only P&T 100% with two SMC. Are you married? you can claim her, sometimes the DAV or VSO leave off your spouse.

Found out what was going on. I have had two C&Ps now. There checking how much more damage the cancer treatment caused me. They tested lungs and the kidneys.. Looks like Im just going to be one of the 100% plus guys. Thanks for all the info and help