VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Guy With A Question About Tdiu Claim

Rate this question

RichSal2451

Question

Hello. This my first post, so please excuse me if I goof this up. I am a Vietnam vet currently rated at 90% disabled. 60% CAD, 40% lumbar back, 20% DMII, 10% left knee, 10% right knee, 10% hypertension, 10% hearing, and 10% tinnitus.

My back has been getting increasingly worse, and on March 22nd while at work I got spasms of pain that sent me to my knees. I went to the VAMC here in Minneapolis and they took x-rays, gave me a shot for pain, and said no prolonged sitting or standing, no standing on concrete. The next day, the firm I was working with immediately let me go, and the temp agency I worked thru laid me off.

The VA has since done an MRI and an EMG and has scheduled me for back surgery in August. Soooo, I filed a claim for TDIU to the Minneapolis VARO and received a letter acknowledging receipt. Nine days later I received the identical letter from the VARO in Washington D.C. Then a week after that I received a letter from the claims processing center in London, Ky. asking if I had any further evidence to send. (I sent the results of the tests).

My question is why the shuffling between offices, and does this bode well or not for my claim?

Thanks for any opinions or help.

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

iceturkee, did you get your award on initial claim or did you have to go thru appeals? How long did the process take?

yes, i received IU on my first attempt. i was fortunate because the entire process took 4 months. that was due to a comment a shrink wrote in my depression claim. she said my depression/anxiety caused me to basically be unsociable (as best as i can remember) and i couldn't even work in a sedentary job. when the va awarded me 30 percent for depression, they deferred IU until i could have my c&p exams. hence, the reason it was ajudicated so quickly. good luck with your claim.