VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Claims Processing Center (Cpc)

The VA Claims Processing Center (CPC)

http://www.vba.va.gov/VBA/vacpc.asp

Contact Info:

VA Claims Processing Center

PO Box 6513

London, KY 40742

859-389-4895

About the CPC

The VA Claims Processing Center (CPC) is assisting VA with development of claims. They are working closely with our regional offices and are approved VA representatives. They may be contacting you for information about your claim.

The CPC will only be processing:

• Claims for increase
  • Original claims for compensation
  • Original claims for pension
  • Dependency claims

How will I know if the CPC is developing my claim?

You will be notified by a letter or phone call.

What do I do if the CPC requests infomation?

Send the information directly to the CPC at VA Claims Processing Center, PO Box 6513, London, KY 40742. Do not send this information to the regional office.

Does this change the role of my regional office?

The regional office will continue to handle the majority of claims and claims that require special handling. All final rating decisions will be made by a VA Rating Veterans Service Representative, not the VA CPC.

Can I file a claim directly with the CPC?

No. All claims are submitted to your nearest regional office. The regional office then submits claims to the CPC for processing.

Where is my nearest VA regional office?

You can find your nearest regional office on our Locations page.

Will the CPC process my claim more quickly?

There is no guarantee your claim will be processed more quickly by the CPC. The time it takes to process a claim can vary greatly depending on the type of claim and evidence needed to support the claim.

Can I file a new claim if I have a claim pending that is being processed by the CPC?

Yes. You can submit a new claim to your nearest regional office.

I recently received a letter from the regional office but I sent a new claim directly to the VA CPC. Why isn’t the VA CPC working this claim?

The VA CPC will only work the initial claim sent to them by the regional office. If you filed an additional claim, the regional office will process it. You may receive letters or phone calls from both the VA CPC and the regional office. Be sure to send the requested information to the office that requested it.

Will the CPC be in contact with the Veteran Service Organizations (VSOs)?

VSOs will be kept apprised of actions taken on your claim including whether it is being processes by the VA CPC. They will receive a copy of all correspondence and will be able to check the status of a claim as usual.

• HadIt.com Elder

Its a small town less than 8K in population. They do have a federal court house. I didnt know they existed but I have been extremely busy on the road.

Its about an hour south of me.

I Hope it can speed up the VA process.

Basser.

• HadIt.com Elder

London, Ky is where the Office of Federal Workers Compensation has their HQ. What kind of place is this? OWCP makes the VA look like your mother's kitchen on Chrismas Day.

• 3 months later...

I just called the CPC London,Ky and they have a recorded message that says they are no longer processing claims. I would assume (I know it's dangerous) that my claim is back at my RO. I called the 800 line & scheduled an appt. for tomorrow morning to discuss the status of my claim.

• 3 years later...

CPC is civilian contracted group. We used that when I was at the VA as well. Talk about errors and potential overpayments. In my opinion it was just a useless waste of taxpayer dollars to help imptove the overall unemployment number.

Red-Tape working for you...

Could also have been the VA using money out of the budget they were given for the year. As with the contract exams mess, if your office doesn't use the money they are allotted then they will get less. If VA doesn't use the allotted budget then they can't lobby for an increased budget the next year.

Sorry for the super late entry to this post...just rubs me the wrong way.

Edited by Meddac

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use