VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got A Copy Of My C&p Exam's Today Please Tell Me What You Think. "i,m Now Certified Krazy"

Rate this question

F4crewchief

Question

Ok here we go. I think the Doc got it right. It says I have a GAF of 51

Dx Bipolar disorder, mixed type. AXIS 1, comments if any? it is at least as likely as not secondary to this gentleman's military service in the airforce. Previously, in the air force the veteran was dx with a chronic adjustment disorder and mixed personality disorder , and I do in fact, believe that the present bipolar disorder is a maturation of that condition originally diagnosed in the military.

dx 2: alcohol abuse in remission axis 1

dx 3:cocaine abuse in remission axis 1

Occupational and social impairment with reduced reliability and productivity

Differentiation of symptoms a. does the veteran have more than one mental disorder diagnosed?(yes)

Comments: he does have voth the bipolar disorder , which is of mixed type at this point, as will as substance abuse problems, which most likely ar secondary to his bipolar symtomatology.

Symptoms for va rating purposes, check all symptoms that apply to the vetern's dx.

checked are:

depressed mood at times

Anxiety

suspiciousness

chronic sleep impairment

mild memory loss

Impaired judgment

flattened affect

difficulty in establishing relationships

disturbances of motivation and mood

difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships

suicidal ideation

impaired impulse controlsuch as unprovoked irritability with periods of violence

persistent danger of hurting self or others

neglect of personal apperance and hygiene.

Competency: is the veteran capable of managing his or her financial affairs? checked (yes)

Prognosis: at the present time, would appear to be guarded.

Section 11: clinical findings:

1. evidence review if any records (evidence) were reviewed , please list here: the c-file was carefully reviewed. In fact , there were numerous referencs to the fact that the veteran has some physical health problems, particulary with his hearing, as well as, in fact, ther is a referince in the c-file to his having been consulted with a psychiatrist in the military , and was found to have a chronic adjustment disorder, as well as a mixed personaliy disorder. these were when he could not function on the flight line and requested that he be removed from that particular activity because of the stress. I do , in fact believe that these conditions diagnosed in the military have now matured into the bipolar disorder, which in fact, is present at this time.

There's more here and there med history ect... so please tell me what you think about what rating I can expect and the fight ahead and time line.all my c&p are done, the only other claim i had was for hearing (no findings, no hearing loss found ect.) and how do I claim hardship (homeless currently) .

Thanks for you time everyone and look foward to all coments.

Edited by F4crewchief

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

One of the better ones I have seen.

As long as the rater follows suit, Expect a decision shortly,

J

• HadIt.com Elder

Your C&P sounds like an IMO I got some years ago. I got a rating of 70% but was denied TDIU for some dumb reason since I was already on SSD for the same SC condition. I think you could get 70-100 percent if you are not working. I am guessing so don't take my opinion to the bank.