VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question For Those Who Receive Smc For Either Housebond Or Aid And Attendance

Rate this topic

this may seem silly but for those who do, how many of you have received your veterans health benefits handbook? if you have received your handbook, please check chapter 2, page 7 entitled your eligibility. does it indicate you are receiving either a&a or housebound under the benefits you are eligible for? if it does, how is it listed?

i ask because i have a pending smc claim. i have sent all my info in. my ebenefits account claims regional never received the info i sent. but in said booklet, it lists aid and attendance as one of my benefits. i need to double check this monday. but i am curious which is why i have asked. thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, this booklet is produced by the health care side of the house. I suspect, that for purposes of VHA priorities, an award of SMC is not important. I mean, VHA priorities are based upon percentages, whereas SMC is an additional dollar award above the 100% rate.

On my "Your Benefits At A Glance" laundry list, "Home Health Care" and "Nursing Home Placement" are listed as parts of my Basic Medical Benefits Package. Remember, VAMC usually does not always discriminate between service-connected and non-service connected conditions WRT treatment(s).

this may seem silly but for those who do, how many of you have received your veterans health benefits handbook? if you have received your handbook, please check chapter 2, page 7 entitled your eligibility. does it indicate you are receiving either a&a or housebound under the benefits you are eligible for? if it does, how is it listed?

i ask because i have a pending smc claim. i have sent all my info in. my ebenefits account claims regional never received the info i sent. but in said booklet, it lists aid and attendance as one of my benefits. i need to double check this monday. but i am curious which is why i have asked. thanks.

I get HB and the handbook has nothing to say about it.

not even on the page which list your qualified benefits? interesting, thanks john!

I received the handbook about 7-10 days ago.. my first thought.... what a waste of tax payer funds.. it went in the trash along with all the other junk mail.. I also took the time to voice my opinion on the stupid book via the 1800 number listed in the book for feedback.....