VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dbq Form At C&p Examiner Imo

Rate this question

manning01

Question

I just went to a C&P this last Friday at the Phoenix VAMC which was very good I do like these new forms they fill on the computer very detailed and it covered everything. So I guess a lot less of they forgot to put in a certain ROM etc and sending it back to the VAMC for more info or clarification. But my question I don't see anywhere for them to make the service connection statement like in the past i.e. most likely, least likely, is caused by military service etc. Unless they can put that in the remarks section XVII. Are they now leaving it up to the raters on review of all the evidence to make that determination?

Edited by manning01

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

What do you mean "Are they now leaving it up to the raters on review of all the evidence to make that determination?" ? That is the RVSR's job, and one of the many things that makes the job so much fun.

Generally speaking, a C&PE is done to establish a current condition, current symptoms, limitations, findings, and so forth. An opinion generally isn't given unless requested by the RVSR.

I just went to a C&P this last Friday at the Phoenix VAMC which was very good I do like these new forms they fill on the computer very detailed and it covered everything. So I guess a lot less of they forgot to put in a certain ROM etc and sending it back to the VAMC for more info or clarification. But my question I don't see anywhere for them to make the service connection statement like in the past i.e. most likely, least likely, is caused by military service etc. Unless they can put that in the remarks section XVII. Are they now leaving it up to the raters on review of all the evidence to make that determination?

What do you mean "Are they now leaving it up to the raters on review of all the evidence to make that determination?" ? That is the RVSR's job, and one of the many things that makes the job so much fun.

Generally speaking, a C&PE is done to establish a current condition, current symptoms, limitations, findings, and so forth. An opinion generally isn't given unless requested by the RVSR.

In my C&P exams from a 2010 the VA PA and Dr's they all put in their IMO's at the end of each C&P exam but I don't see where they put them on these now. I'll request a copy in a few weeks to see how they do it now. Thanks for the info jvretiredvet. JT

Edited by manning01