VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lijust For Kicks Who Wants To Take A Stab At What My Rating Might Be Hmm!

Rate this question

DOMINIPINO

Question

I have a claim in for serveral disabilities. I'm on step 5 ( I think that's preparation for decision). Not taking this serious but I know some of you are really good at this by now so if anyone would like to take a crack at what you think my rating will be I'm interested in hearing it! here is a list of my disabilities that are on ebenefits:

1. Sleep apnea w/CPAP (sleep study on file) (New), Had the CPAP almost 2 years now, did 3 sleep studies to get it.

2. Bilateral heel spurs (New), (Dr.s while I was active duty said they were freakin huge, same with the VA doc)

3. Bilateral ankle instability (New), (related to the heel spurs/achilles tendon and plantar fasciitis)

4. Bilateral knee condition (New), (they click and pop all the time even when moved at rest)

5. Bilateral foot plantar fasciitis (New), (VERY high arches, I have insoles that were made for me before I separated)

6. Bilateral Shin splints w/stress Fx (New), (don't know why this would make the list I thought everyone gets these)

7. Bilateral achilles chronic pain on motion, Haylund deformity (New), (high arches make me step weird causes tendon to not line up properly and slide off those spurs metioned earlier, not cool)

8. Lumbar spine pain on motion, bilateral radiculopathy (New), (this can be chalked up now to sciatica in my opinion unless they found something on the xrays that I never heard about)

9. Bilateral hip condtion (New), (more so the left side of the hip than the right but right where the joint for where the leg connects painful numbing kind of sensation and a squishy/grinding sound)

10. Erectile dysfunction (New), (I know this is 0, moving on)

11. Cervical spine condition, (New), (limited range of motion at certain angles)

12. Bilateral shoulder condition; impingement (New), (to add to this, on initianl appt for VA doc noted both rotator cuffs grind and pop at certain points)

13. Residuals of left hand cyst excision (New), (hurts a bit where they cut it out, right in the crease of the wrist behind the thumb)

14. Right wrist numbness (New), (there's the carpe tunnel, has gotten much worse too, thumb goes numb or i lose control of it lol)

15. GERD (New), (I take 40mg of Nexium once a day, twice as needed as prescribed by doctor if I don't stomach pain is extreamly painful, will literally bowl me over and I'm worthless like i'm getting eaten from inside)

16. Hearing loss (New), (hearing test appt for VA showed my hearing is pretty good so maybe disregard)

17. Tinnitus (New), (ears ring)

18. Deviated septum; left (New), (almost completely blocks up left nostril)

19. Tachycardia pulse (New), (fast irregular heartbeat discovered while doing tests for ED meds)

20. Bilateral eye corneal scars, blephartitis floaters (New),

21. Dermatomycossi, tinea versacolor (New)

also noted during my initial VA appoint the doc took down that I have Carpe Tunnel and Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)

a few of those like the Ed and Tinea i think i've seen a lot of people getting 0% ratings so I didn't factor them in but I used the disability calculator at VV arizona and put in the sleep apena cause its the only one that had a clear rating on the regulations instruction and played with estimates for some of the others, worst case scenario I could come up with was 60% and best case I got 90% I refuse to believe I could get a 100 out of it haha. anyway what you guys think?

Edited by DOMINIPINO

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Do you need some VA healthcare ?

Just go sign in at eligibility and see - your probably eligible for

at least some health care.

JMHO

This link if from the NY times. It should explain why the delay. Jim Strickland from watchdog.org makes a few comments in this article:

http://www.nytimes.c...ner=rss&emc=rss

Wow almost a billion people to process, that's crazy. I feel fortunate I got a job 3 weeks after I separated because I REALLY couldn't count on the VA disability

Good read Stretch. The thing is, it's going to take more than just 1 RO to even open the eye's in Congress due to being only one RO (in their eye's) is just an isolated issue that don't effect the other ROs. It'll be nice to see what comes out of this on the next meeting with Congress.

Coot

do they televise these meetings?

• In Memoriam

Congressional Veterans Affairs Committee hearings are here..

http://veterans.house.gov/

You can search the page for archived meetings and look for scheduled meetings to get the dates to listen live..

------------------------------------------

If you are within your first year out of service, you should not have that much problem with locating records. I was talking about private medical records after the years of being out. These can be used to show continuity of an injury.

Many of us did not pursue claims until we had been out years, for one reason or another. Mostly because we did not understand the system.

Yes, each claim is counted separately and has a code. There will be a decision on each claim. The decisions will come at one time. Usually some will be put off or deferred. Some will be remanded, that is go back to RO for further development. Some may be granted.

My situation is that I was denied many years ago all the way to the BVA, this was before the VETS Court was established in 1987, and when I read my decision, I read all kinds of lies and BS. I just gave up thinking that the system was corrupt. I was exhausted and did not know what else to do. In the late 1990's I was encouraged to pick them back up. It is really hard to get records after many years. I did find my records after a long wait and search.

The other reason I said to keep a copy of all records is because the VA has been known to shred documents that you will send them. This is not an isolated situation, and this shredding has been proven. Documents conveniently get lost.

The VA has its own math in determining final percentage of Compensation. Many here know the math.

I know that all of this sounds terrible, well it just is. I hope all goes well in your claims.

Hi,

I did a BDD claim & I have a lot listed also. I have been waiting 14 months for a rating & mine was in the decision phase 9 months ago; the same month I retired! I keep getting the usual letter that they are backed up and are working on it. So, all my stuff is service connected & documented, so what they're doing, I don't know!

Hi,

I did a BDD claim & I have a lot listed also. I have been waiting 14 months for a rating & mine was in the decision phase 9 months ago; the same month I retired! I keep getting the usual letter that they are backed up and are working on it. So, all my stuff is service connected & documented, so what they're doing, I don't know!

Well after reading what everyone else had said below, isn't it a scary thought that it might have been lost! more and more I think about it I feel like its only a matter of time before mine hits the garbage bin of a disgruntled employee haha! So I think after this I'm just going to NOT think about it. I'll probably just check my status once a month. I have a bigger problem with the VA right now anyway, they decided to move my education file (I don't know if my file is my education AND my medical claim/case) from the St. Louis RO to the on in Buffalo, NY. Why, I wasn't given a reason. They did tell me it's why my post 9/11 benefits haven't paid for my classes, books, or housing allowance this semester. And the Semester is halway over I take midterms this week. My medical claim is one thing but I can't afford to pay the $1400 out of pocket for these classes right now. Not cool.

Hi,

I don't know either, any word since? Mine actually just went to the last of the three steps and when I talked to them on the phone they said "there is a note attactched that says should be done this week" lol i like how they threw in the should but hey thats progress!!!!

Do you need some VA healthcare ?

Just go sign in at eligibility and see - your probably eligible for

at least some health care.

JMHO

I didn't notice this Carlie before at least I don't think I did, anyway I can't go to an office because I'm working as a contractor overseas, its fine though, for now i'll pay out of pocket for my medical expenses.