VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Officers

Rate this question

ghillbe

Question

Why is it that the service officers seem lost? I went in to give more evidence to support my claim and I was telling the guy what he needed to do with my claim what forms and what he needs is it time to find a new one or just go it on my own?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Why is it that the service officers seem lost? I went in to give more evidence to support my claim and I was telling the guy what he needed to do with my claim what forms and what he needs is it time to find a new one or just go it on my own?

Thats really only a decision you can make.

To me - something all veterans should be questioning is when

dealing with an actual VBA decision maker (GS/13) with that deer in the headlights look

on their face.

• HadIt.com Elder

Most VSO's I've met have very little knowledge of the VA claims system and prefer to perfect their golf game than to working a vet's claim. I suggest you do your own claim. There's enough here and on the web to successfully prosecute almost all claims but, as Carlie says, the choice is yours. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

If you have a good VSO you have a treasure. If your VSO tells you they don't know something still a good one in my opinion. The ones and they are many are not current on VA requirements and give bad info to Veterans.

Don't forget its your claim and you live with the results. For most VSO's they sort of sit on a lot of calims and take credit for the ones that sift through the system.

The system really is not conducive to helping Veterans in my opinion.

Hadit offers a good place to research claims and point out possibilities or avenues to pursue your claim.

If the VA is going to review Veteran claims to reduce benefits they should also increase benefits when warranted by medical facts.

• HadIt.com Elder

At some point, probably 1998, I decided that I was finished with VSO & have gone out on my own since then. If I need to know anything I ask Hadit members & try to research using the computer. It's my claim & regardless of what happens I just take the blame & go on with my life. It's a lot less drama for me. You have to decide if you want to go alone or seek another VSO. If you look for another VSO talk with as many vet friends in your area & one might appear. Then if he is any good he'll probably be so busy he can't see you for months. GOOD LUCK

Sometimes you have to take the ball and run!!! I did, but I had a pretty good VSO. Once I figure out how to file and with help of these guy's and girl's at Hadit. I was on my way!