VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Service Officers

Rate this question

ghillbe

Question

Why is it that the service officers seem lost? I went in to give more evidence to support my claim and I was telling the guy what he needed to do with my claim what forms and what he needs is it time to find a new one or just go it on my own?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

The way I see it is, if you can read and write and have good listening skills, then you wouldn't have any problems filling out your own claims. Service connected evidence is the key for a favorable claim. All you need is, a doctor stating that you are having current residuals from the disability. It's fairly simple when it's black and white (most of the time). A lot of times trying to prove service connected when things aren't all black and white can be a chore, and a long one at that. That's when the folks here on Hadit comes handy. You'll be surprised how many Vets here either has or had the same situation as yours, and that's what makes these folks so valuable when filling out claims. I'm pretty sure there's not a disability out there that doesn't involve Hadit someway or another. A lot of Vets out there are leaning towards filling out their own due to the volume of our wounded soldiers that are filing claims with the help of service officers and really making it hard to find a knowledgeable SO to help them. Just remember, it's your claim and nobody, and I mean nobody cares about your claim more than you. Also, there's a lot of Vets here that never had the help of a SO. Instead, they learned themselves or/and with the help here at Hadit. I for one can vouch for that. These folks here, helped me reach 100% IU. I wish I could do something other than just saying thank you. Of course it's your choice which way you want to proceed, but just remember, it's your claim and your life.

Coot