Va - I Care Motto

carlie

Question

We've all heard the saying - "It's the bottom line that counts".

I sincerely wish this bottom line - did count !

Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.

Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.

Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.

Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.

Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• In Memoriam

I have been going to the VAMC here since 2004. I have only this year found nurses and a doctor that seem respectful. For the the other years it seems that the treatment was disrespectful and rushed, not only to me but other Vets that I have witnessed.

I even had a female VA employee tell me to watch out for so and so because she is just evil. It just doesn't make since, to me, that people who are hateful, that much, would want to work in a service enviornment of mostly older Veteran men. This is not to discount females, but I can only assume that it is the same for them.

I have seen some situations that are just plain wrong, for anyone. I guess I just don't understand what it is that we have done wrong.

• HadIt.com Elder

We have not done anything wrong. I think what is happening is the government wants to renig on their promise to us. I can see something down the line where the VA dies the death of a thousand cuts. Once we are out of Afghanistan watch out. Vietnam era vets are the ones using the VA and we are just totally out of the public's mind.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would settle for a supplement for SSD or ChampVA. It is dumb to have dueling health care systems when we vets are lab rats. Would you let the VA do hear surgery on you? Just add disabled vets to existing medicare system.