VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva And Their Decision?

Rate this question

MPsgt

Question

Can anyone tell me what the following means? I'm fairly new to Hadit and Ebenefits and the following might as well be in hieroglyphics on the Ebenefits website. They say that a decision was made 05/01/2012 regarding an increase to IU and the following is "current", Whatever that means? I don't want to contact my Veteran Service Rep., in fear it may continue to delay an outcome. Any help or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Oh.....please respond in layman terms. I'm not the smartest peanut in the turd;)

Your case has been received at BVA, and BVA has mailed your decision to you (and your representative, if any) and will be returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center. Please note that transit times vary, and there may be some lag time between when BVA forwards your claims file to its appropriate location and when that location receives it.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It means the BVA has made a decision and they are mailing it to you in their own good time. You can contact your VSO. That won't delay a decision that has already been made. He may know before you know. I can't say if you got IU or were denied from the language. What is your current rating?

• HadIt.com Elder

"returning your claims file to the VA Medical Center"

When I read the above I'm thinking Remand for another C & P. Why would it go to the VA Medical Center otherwise? JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

I was thinking that the BVA was returning your file to the VA and did not consider them returning it to the VA medical center. That does sound weird. You File should be returned to your RO and not your medical center. I would call my VSO. C&P's are originated at the RO and done at the VAMC? It could be a typo.

MP,

Maybe give the letter generator a check out on your

ebenefits and take a look-see at what letters are

available for you.

Carlie, I notice others were doing the same on other threads on this website. I check ebenefits letter generator too, nothing different. I'll keep using your advice for the future. Thanks

It means the BVA has made a decision and they are mailing it to you in their own good time. You can contact your VSO. That won't delay a decision that has already been made. He may know before you know. I can't say if you got IU or were denied from the language. What is your current rating?

I will contact my VSO and my current rating is 80%. I believe you've answered some questions for me in the past? Thanks