VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Claim Pending Since 01 Sept 2011. No Request For Exam

Rate this question

scotts133

Question

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can help me understand the process. I made a C & P claim on my seperation date, 01 Sept 2011. All of the evidence in support of my claim was from military doctors before my discharge. I have not been contacted or notified by the VA that I need C & P exams nor have I received anything saying exams have been scheduled. My claim has been in the gathering of evidence stage which is where it has been for months. Should I be concerned that I have not been contacted for an exam? How do I get exams scheduled?

My claim is for compressed disc in the back (evidence is an MRI), tinnitus (Hearing Test), knee injury resulting in 70% removal of meniscus (Surgery records), ankle injury (MRI), and sleep apnea (sleep study) and Gerd (require a daily medication).

Also it may be helpful to know that my claim started out as a BDD or "benefits delivered on discharge" claim, but for some reason (never found out why) it was transferred to the regional office in St. Petersburg Florida. Now the ebenefits website says "Estimated Claim Completion Date: 09/04/2012 to 10/26/2013"

That seems like quite a large range of time.

I don't know what is going on and I get no clear answers from the VA. Please help.

Thanks!

Scott

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

How do I get exams scheduled?

I don't know what is going on and I get no clear answers from the VA. Please help.

Thanks!

Scott

Welcome,

We don't get to schedule C&P exams - a VA decision maker has to do that.

If you can make a trip to your VARO, you can speak to someone face to face

and ask your questions.

You might call the C&P office at your VAMC and ask if one has been requested by the VARO. If so, you may be able to ask to schedule it with them on the phone. I pushed mine along recently this way.