VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fireworks At House Committee On Veteran Affairs At Todays Hearing.

Rate this question

Bigred122

Question

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This hearing showed how much no one knows what they are doing. The Rep from PVA had the best grasp of things. The others showed their lack of knowledge of the system. VHA or VBA Drs versus Drs/PA and then when Hickey testifies " We don't have No Stinkin' Drs".( Who were those masked men who disagreed with our civilian Drs?) Too funny that VA employees think the new DBQs are too hard and are striking at various ROs.So much confusion on who can fill out DBQs. VA says any Dr can VA or civilian, yet I have had two Drs tell at my hospital they were instructed that they couldn't fill them out and it had to be done by the C&P Drs.(aren't they the bad guys who say we are not worthy). I think they were calling the QTC Drs/PA VBA Drs. But since we don't use them in this region, I know little about them. Everyone was in agreement that the VA was the best until PVA rep spoke the truth and then other Vet orgs jumped ship and admitted not all is proper in the land of OZ! I'd love to see those bonus figures and qualification sheets.Looks like our cards and letters are driving the committee members to maybe do something productive

For any member of congress to even attempt to imply

that the VA claims process debacle is anything new -

would be a falsehood.

The situation has been ongoing and brewing for almost two decades.

This is evidenced in prior findings/ info of record/OIG audits and reports, etc . . .

This was the best reaming I have ever seen the VA get. I almost sang the StarBangled Banner and stood up and saluted. LOL

Great stuff...every one on this group should play it every day they are waiting for a check !

I love this Fillner guy! Its about time someone raised some hell.

"Who is personally responsible?!?" He put some fire under Hickey's hind end and demanded the end of the BS.

Did I hear that right, $1.86 million in bonuses last year? Bonuses? That money could have gone to pay for lot of things other than VBA executives vacation homes. Dental care anyone?

125 days and 98% quality for processing claims in 2012 is promised. I can say that is total BS as I have several claims that are way older than 125 days not to mention a serious error rate with more than 50% of my initial claims in appeal.

Speaking of appeals, I never heard anything mentioned about how VBA is handling the appeals backlog. Did I just miss that or did they not cover that?

I liked how Braley made an issue out of C&P docs overriding primary care docs. I've had that issue more than once myself.

This is lengthy but definitely worth a watch or listen. Watch it in parts if need be but if you are a vet with claim issues then you should watch this.

• In Memoriam

It was 186 million in bonus's and not 1.86.

Congressman Filner has been on them for years. This is the reason he is so pissed. He has heard the same things from people years before. Everytime the VA changes leadership they come up with the same BS, and acting like this is new and improved BS. Always the end result is: it could be 2 or 3 years from now. In this case she says by 2015. She will be long gone by then, and we will have some new and improved ...........

When congress makes a law for Veterans the VA goes into action finding ways to abuse the very same law to make it deteriment to Vets.

If you listen to enough of these hearing you may become disgusted.