VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fireworks At House Committee On Veteran Affairs At Todays Hearing.

Rate this question

Bigred122

Question

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I should point out that there is a difference between our grievences and the WW1 Bonus marchers.

We are being denied timely and just access to benefits(which courts have determined we have a property interest in) that are codified by law.

The Bonus marchers were demanding an early disbursement/redemption of their service certificates (over ten years before they were payable).

Given the current state of the federal budget no meaningful change will occur unless as a net it reduces government expense.

In the future, I expect SC will require a Line of Duty determination (effecting future veterans - not current). I also expect that Social Security will become means tested and the cut off will be just under what a 100% SC veteran will receive(again this will effect future participants not current). Future veterans will eventially have to choose between medicare or the VA Health system.

Just call me Nostradamus!

Best regards

• HadIt.com Elder

It was 186 million in bonus's and not 1.86.

Congressman Filner has been on them for years. This is the reason he is so pissed. He has heard the same things from people years before. Everytime the VA changes leadership they come up with the same BS, and acting like this is new and improved BS. Always the end result is: it could be 2 or 3 years from now. In this case she says by 2015. She will be long gone by then, and we will have some new and improved ...........

When congress makes a law for Veterans the VA goes into action finding ways to abuse the very same law to make it deteriment to Vets.

If you listen to enough of these hearing you may become disgusted.

Bureaucrats believe in and practice in a system that is by design, intended to remove personal responsibility. What better way, when "stuff" hits the fan, than to "reorganize". Moving people, titles, functions, and changing organizational makeup removes those responsible from the line of fire, and most if not all of the consequences. Those that were unfortunate enough to be newly assigned to the areas under fire can truthfully (maybe, anyway) state that they know nothing, did nothing, and had no control. And they are working diligently to correct the problem, at least until they realize that the problem is well beyond anything they might be able to do.

Edited by Chuck75

• HadIt.com Elder

You said it chuck. There is a big reason these folks are moved around.

Heck, I wouldn't want my name and signature on a few thousand denial letters.

Now that does make sense.

J

In my letter to my Congressman's office, I actually out wrote that the VA claims is deny deny until they die... and I have truth in that personally due to my bad health,, so, if vets keep sending in letter saying the VA is deny, deny until you die, sooner or later, something might happen to get rid of the bad apples in the VA system.. I wish here were large demonstrations and marches on the VA..., apparently, there must be a lot of satisfied customers... [sARCASM Mode]

• HadIt.com Elder

In my letter to my Congressman's office, I actually out wrote that the VA claims is deny deny until they die... and I have truth in that personally due to my bad health,, so, if vets keep sending in letter saying the VA is deny, deny until you die, sooner or later, something might happen to get rid of the bad apples in the VA system.. I wish here were large demonstrations and marches on the VA..., apparently, there must be a lot of satisfied customers... [sARCASM Mode]

I started out just trying to do what VA wanted and after a year and several VA games played on me I got very adversarial. When I switched to a mode where I stood up for myself but was nice I got a lot farther. I pretty much feel that confronting the VARO is not a good option for most Veterans.