VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Shows First? Under C&p Or Just Bank Sends Deposit

Rate this question

marl00

Question

Whats your take on this? Not sure how responsive Ebenefits is. Right how, says its Pending Notification since May 28 but still no white or brown envelope has arrived. So will call 800 again tomorrow. IRIS replies seem to take a week or two with really not much info received.

I've been reading that envelopes have arrived and shortly, meaning next or same day, pay shows in the bank. But has anyone noticed if payments show in Ebenefits under Payments first?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Alot depends on which RO that's working on your claim. Some are just really damn slow than others. Also, claims have to get other signatures to make sure there isn't mistakes, especially if there's a huge amount of Retro. To help answer your question tho, sometimes the checks are deposited in the bank before the letter arrives and vice verse. It's not set in stone with VA in which comes first. Although it's been close to 4 weeks, I would guess any day now you should find out the outcome. You can also keep your eye open on the letter generator that shows the amount of pay your making. That's how I found out about mine.

Coot

San Diego RO is very good at keeping ebenefits updated with claims progress and letter generator. Something I notice with payments is with Navy Federal the pending direct deposit shows up a few days before. I found out about a retro check through Navy Fed online. I live in San Diego, so my mail from the RO is delivered next day. So when I see an update on ebenefits, I receive a letter usually the next day depending on the day of the week.

Places to check:

1) ebenefits claim status

2) ebenefits letter generator

3) bank pending direct deposit

4) 800 number (probably least useful)

5) mailbox