VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Status

Rate this question

ATVer

Question

I have two NOD's in. Ebenefits says one on 12/08/2010 and one on 12/21/2010. But both say under the progress tab that the appeal is pending at the BVA under the progress office tab. But it also says the case is with my local VA that made the decision. I asked for a DRO De Novo on both. Just curious as to what this means.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I think it is quite apparent it means the VA and DOD jointly wasted a whole lot of money on a system that doesn't do what it was supposed too.

I called the BVA on this using the number provided and they informed me they have nothing on file for me. They also indicated the status on ebenefits is updated by individual regional offices. So once again the veteran is at the mercy of thier local VARO.

I am currently waiting on a DRO decision and my status is almost word for word what yours is.

have you had any hearings or C&P exams in conjuction with your Denovo review?

Best regards,

Last year in March they sent me a letter saying they were going to give me another C&P exam and wait on a letter for a date to go. Well that never happened. So almost 2 years now, and i've heard nothing on a C&P or about my de novo.

Sounds like SNAFU to me.

My appeal was filed Jan 11

Hearing March 11

C&P June 11

Notified of upcomming C&P Nov 11

January phone call to Peggy indicated C&P service told VARO Detroit that requested exam was not necessary

Jan-Feb VARO Detroit could not confirm what was going on with File.

March 11 received IRIS indicating VARO in receipt of medical opinion.

June 8th file moved from development to ready to rate (per Peggy at 800 number).

Have you checked the appointment system in my healthy vet? When they put that system up last year I found out I supposedly missed a C&P exam held at a VAMC that I had never gone too. Found out during the course of this appeal that they were using a 25 year old address, If i wouldn't have been pushing for information I would have missed the June 11 C&P also. You might want to follow up with a written request on why you havent been notified of any exam dates after you had been told they were going to schedule an exam.

Best regards,

I'll have to check the site. Would i just write a letter asking why i haven't had a C&P after they sent that notice to me? I still have the letter they sent me saying they would be reviewing me again.