VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Results Ptsd Exam

Rate this question

SCAATY

Question

Picked up a copy of my C&P today and it's a joke. I knew it went bad but I didn't think it went this bad. I lied and all my problems are do to... any guesses? Drum roll please!!! BORDERLINE PERSONALITY DISORDER. According to the examineer I was never raped, and what happened to me at SERE school was not enough to justify a diagnosis of PTSD. She actually wrote the following. "The veteran could not give me any motive for the rape, and had no idea what happened to the woman that set him up." How the heck am I suppose to know what their motivation was or what happened to the (insert profanity) that set me up. I'm sorry but I didn't stay in touch with these people. 22 pages of garbage just like that. 30+ years I kept this to myself because I feared being called a lier. Man, this is going to take some time to digest.

Frustrating because I have been doing so much better the last few months, and because I went into the C&P exam feeling better about life it goes against me. I know I should send in a statement regarding this report but I don't know if I can fight the VA anymore. I think it's time to find a lawyer and just let them handle the whole thing.

I'm just plain disgusted!

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Getting a personality disorder DX from the VA is the house special. I would fight this thing. A borderline PD is the kiss of death like a sociopath PD. It is the garbage bag of psychiatric medical DX. When they want to &^%$ someone over this is the DX you get. On what did they base this DX?

SCAATY,

I understand the frustration. I hope you don't give up on your claim. I would fight this, also. I had an inadequate exam in 2010, full of all sorts of assumptions, not from records, which was redone in 2012 with another C&P for the same issue. The new C&P was what the first should have been. I hope you stay with it!!

• HadIt.com Elder

I have had C&P exams where they tried to sever my SC and dx me with a personality disorder. I have had them where they held my education againt me. The same exam doctor said I was using fraud because he said my stated symptoms fit the DX too well. This was because I had a degree in psychology. The guy just did not like me and tried to put that whammy on me. Where do they find these guys who are supposed to be in helping professions? Maybe they will be like Dr. Death the Texas forensic shrink to sent many people to death row.

I think what ticked me off the most is that when she asked why it took so long for me to tell anyone about the rape. When I begain to explain that my son had been molested for years by a friend of his mother she asked if "my father had molested me," and when I answered no she replied "well, that usually runs in families." That is one of the main reasons I never told anyoine. I don't have a degree in psychology but I was a volunteer on the crisis line here in Reno. I was very good at it and after only a few weeks they put me on the payroll. They had a special team that dealt with rape victims and they wanted me to be on that team, but I didn't do it because I don't think I could have delt with it. Anyway, my point being that several times in the report she states "response style suggest a pathology greatly exagerated by a pyschologically naive person."

I've decided to send in a brief statement regaurding her completely inappropriate coment about molesting running in families, and point out two or three of the more serious inaccuracies. I am also going to put in the fact that the doctor that was going to do the exam went home due to illness, she had only just recieved my c-file, and had not had a chance to review it prior to the exam. Last year I had a c&p exam for my back and it was the same thing. My c-file was at another building and we had to wait until a courier to bring the file to her. Two out of four c&p exams I have had were conducted by individuals that had not reviewed my c-file prior to cunducting the exam. If that's not good grounds for an "inadequate exam" I don't know what is.

Ethan's grandma and John999 I will fight on.

SCAATY,

So glad to hear you will not give up!! Something I learned, though, and want to share...some will trip you up into giving more information than you need to, that is not even applicable!! Whatever you do, if you can, stay within information that applies to your time in service, whatever your issues are. They would like to make assumptions about how anything else just may be the contributing factor, even something that seems like innocently asked. Trust me...it's not that innocent!! I have walked a nightmare with my claim, one being some of the stunts, not even from facts gotten from me. In one of the denial letters, the attempt was to "backdate" a diagnosis, even as I'd never even been seen for anything relating to the timeframe, not for an evaluation, treatment, nor any diagnosis, not to mention I had been fine. Finally, it looks like my claim is at the end stage, but I could have avoided a lot of grief had I known about the truth. You can go through all the points in the C&P and rebut what does not apply, what you didn't say, what the evidence shows, etc., and request an adequate exam. It did take me two years to get one, but I did get scheduled for a thorough exam the second time around. Best of luck with your claim!!