VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exams Are Complete Asking Congressman To Help Expidite My Claim

Rate this question

F4crewchief

Question

After almost 2 years of waiting I just had my C&P exams May 8, 2012, one for hearing the other one was Bipolar. The exam for bipolar went very well with a nexus in my c file . (and the C&P examiner dx me with bipolar 1 that manifest from my dx while on active duty). So I've sent the report and all other related info to the congressmens office to help expidite my claim to finally be rated ,all info is in . In my c file There's is a dx of chronic ajustment disorder and mix personalty disorder a clear nexus. dx of bipolar 1, Axis 1, and a GAF score of 51. I'm currently Homeless and living in transition housing at a VA. I was told it could take up to another 5 months in development phase. or as read the blogs here even longer? Is getting Congressman the right thing to do at this point. can anyone Please give me some feed back. Info goes in mail at noon tommorow. thanks

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

After almost 2 years of waiting I just had my C&P exams May 8, 2012, one for hearing the other one was Bipolar. The exam for bipolar went very well with a nexus in my c file . (and the C&P examiner dx me with bipolar 1 that manifest from my dx while on active duty). So I've sent the report and all other related info to the congressmens office to help expidite my claim to finally be rated ,all info is in . In my c file There's is a dx of chronic ajustment disorder and mix personalty disorder a clear nexus. dx of bipolar 1, Axis 1, and a GAF score of 51. I'm currently Homeless and living in transition housing at a VA. I was told it could take up to another 5 months in development phase. or as read the blogs here even longer? Is getting Congressman the right thing to do at this point. can anyone Please give me some feed back. Info goes in mail at noon tommorow. thanks

In your situation at this time, that you've posted -

NO - I would not get a congress critter involved.

It will not help you jump ahead of the other hardship

case's nor will it speed up your claim action.

I highly doubt your congress critter themselves ever looks at anything

you've sent - they have underlings for this.

It is also very possible that going this route can actually - slow down

the processing of your claim issues.

The congressional liaison will send a letter to VA.

Someone at VA will pull your file from where it is.

They will look it over and respond to the liaison that

everything is in order and they are sorry for the delay

but advise they are working diligently on your behalf.

Then your file will go back - where in line - who knows.

Depending on what part of the country you live, such as East Coast Vets, have better Congress/ Senate people that truly care about their vets.They can make a difference sometimes. Especially since you are already HOMELESS. I'm glad to see that you have at least a roof over your head.The process is slow, but I'm sure the people who helped you with housing will also help with any other needs you may have. Just don't lose your faith,The system creates alot of negativity, just don't be one of it's victims. Good luck!Mike