VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is The Compensation For Reoccuring Prostate Cancer

Rate this question

Ken1

Question

What is the compensation for Prostate Cancer? I am confused. I was in the Army 1964 ~ 1967 but was not in country/ Vietnam. But during my duty station assignment in FT Lewis, WA I was exposed to Herbicides and Pesticides. For years (40 Years) I believed it was AO but DOD claims no AO used at Ft Lewis. But during the time 1.5 years I was exposed to Pesticides used to kill insects and weeds on a live fire training range. That we demo to trainee two times per day how an Infantry Squad would advance with 5 men laying down cover fire.

Fast forward 1997 Prostate Cancer surgery to remove

Less than one year later 1998 Prostate Cancer has returned 7.5 weeks of radiation treatments.

2003 PSA is rising and I now have Reoccurring Prostate Cancer. I was a patient at National Cancer Institute or NIH in Maryland where every 4 weeks I would fly to NIH as a patient for new cutting edge treatment for Prostate Cancer. I was on two different protocols looking for the wonder drug to cure Prostate Cancer.

In 2007 I completed my 21-526 and one claim was for Prostate Cancer I been to the VA hearing process a few months ago.

What is the compensation for Prostate Cance?

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Active prostate cancer is evaluated by DC 7528 at 38 CFR 4.115b http://www.benefits....RT4/S4_115b.DOC .

However, don't get too ahead of yourself at this point.

What is the compensation for Prostate Cancer? I am confused. I was in the Army 1964 ~ 1967 but was not in country/ Vietnam. But during my duty station assignment in FT Lewis, WA I was exposed to Herbicides and Pesticides. For years (40 Years) I believed it was AO but DOD claims no AO used at Ft Lewis. But during the time 1.5 years I was exposed to Pesticides used to kill insects and weeds on a live fire training range. That we demo to trainee two times per day how an Infantry Squad would advance with 5 men laying down cover fire.

Less than one year later 1998 Prostate Cancer has returned 7.5 weeks of radiation treatments.

2003 PSA is rising and I now have Reoccurring Prostate Cancer. I was a patient at National Cancer Institute or NIH in Maryland where every 4 weeks I would fly to NIH as a patient for new cutting edge treatment for Prostate Cancer. I was on two different protocols looking for the wonder drug to cure Prostate Cancer.

In 2007 I completed my 21-526 and one claim was for Prostate Cancer I been to the VA hearing process a few months ago.

• HadIt.com Elder

First things first.

You have to convince the VA that your prostate cancer is service connected. This is perhaps the most difficult of all the hoops to go through. Prostate cancer is a fairly common male problem among those of your age, so the VA is really going to be difficult.

Any evidence of the chemicals you were exposed to, along with the EPA's classification of those chemicals as carcinogens is going to be needed. A written medical opinion from a doctor with the appropriate medical speciality is most likely to also be needed to link chemical exposure to the cancer. I wish you good luck!

Thanks for the replies, I do have a statement from my doctor (also an ex vet) and list of chemical with health risk in my "C" file. I just did not know the %. Thanks

Ken

Ken1,

How did you manage to get a list of the chemicals in use at Ft. Lewis during that time period? Even of more interest to people on the board how have you documented that you used them? Getting these two elements together are a real must for chemical exposure claims since many people were working out of MOS when they were asked to apply pesticides ect.

Best regards,

Edited by 71M10