VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva 2012

Rate this question

bergin c/o

Question

Had the ratings c-p today . Very strange exam . I asked about the previous ones and why they final rating never included the hip replacements . She said it was part of the record and said she was not sure why . She then asked what had changed since the last c-p exam 4 years ago . Other than getting another hip replaced and in total I told her I had two hip replacements . She wanted to know two on the same side or one each leg . I told her one each leg and the dates . She asked me to state my limitations and pain level and or hip popping . Then she had me lie down on the table and checked range of motion but did not measure anything just told me to tell her where it hurt as she moved my leg out to the side . I got up and she wanted to know if I had anything to add . I told her this was the fastest I had ever had a c- p exam . She said she was doing just a rating exam . That she would write it up and send it along the chain where someone else would do the final rating . I asked her about a separate rating for once you had a replacement done as opposed to just the rating for range of motion . She said it would be noted and passed along . I did say the rating was missed previously and it takes about two years inbetween just to get the mistake heard by the va . And if they did it again my next step would be. A 3 year wait in BVA . So I am concerned but I guess the wait is back on

My vso e-mailed me today . Said that they awarded me 30 percent each hip . He said it is partially good news . But the award is the minimum rating for hip replacement . I am glad they came through with an award but am disappointed by the low ball . He said the paperwork might take another month to get to me and we would do an appeal then , after seeing what they based it on ,

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a site with BVA case numbers (IN NUMERICAL ORDER) so the veteran could see where his appeal is in the waiting line..

that would be super ..got the statement of case today ..it ended with the statement .....this is considered to be a partial grant of all benefits sought on appeal with regard to this issue ,and the appeal as to this issue will therefore continue .....WHAT does that mean ? do I file a NOD of is this still on going ??