VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Quest To Prove Tbi

Rate this question

killemall

Question

Like many of you I spend way to much time thinking about this stuff but I decided to keep an updated logg of my progress and what better place to keep it than here.

Back in 98 while in basic training I was knocked unconcious when a fellow recruit hit me in the head from behind by swinging butt stock of his m16 like a batt. I was unconcious for nine hours and awakened at 3 am when I was found in the woods.

The drill sgts swept it under the rug and was simply labeled as a training accident.

Fast forward 14 years and I have many problems.

Sever loss of hearing

Loss of balance

Slurred speech

Numbness in left facial area with drooling

Decreased memory

It was all a lil too much and I contacted the suicide hotline.

In the middle of may 2012 I was seen by a phych and after describeing my symptoms the doc asked if I ever had an head injury to which I described the above.

A week later I went to intake were I was recommended to go through neurology.

The first week of june I was seen by my provider. I was given a cat scan wich came back clean.

My next apointment was the beginning of july 2012 with my provider. I am now scheduled for the following in the month of July 2012

Neurology

Neuneurology

Mri

Sleep apnea

Ill update the results of the appointmentments

Proving an easily understood pathology like getting bashed in the back of the head is not that easy to prove medically, since there is no literature base of reference of soldiers getting bashed in the back of the head to use as medical evidence.

On our last week of training, I tried to help a druggy soldier since he was in the bunk bed over me, and he repaid my kindness by trying to shoot me in the back in live-round 2-person cover-and-move simulation. I just heard the drill sergeants and all the trainees yell behind me when i was tucked down and aiming forward (I felt uneasy about being the lead position in the exercise from the start, and not looking back!.) The soldier did pcp horse tranquilizer for kicks.

What do you do?

If I were you, I would try my best to use what Dr. Bash said, and research everything he said until you understand it fully. He is very brief in explanation, but very concise in diagnosis from his unique world-class expertise. I have learned how really smart M.D.'s are lately, and Dr. Bash may be the smartest of them all.

Appreciate the response....I am still on my quest to prove tbi...

Dr Bash did a great job on my IME and I was awarded ssdi in Jan 2017...

I am currently in the appeal process since June 2016 for tbi as well as some other contentions.  As of June 1st I entered Ramp....

Hopefully the quest to prove tbi will end in a few months...Ive grown tired over these years.

My tbi RAMP appeal is currently in prep for decision.

Hopefully this quest ends in September 2018 lol.

How some of you go through this for 10 or 20 years is beyond me. 6 years feels like an eternity to be stressing over the outcome of a contention.