Jump to content
Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×
  • 0

Noise Aversion


jjrbus

Question

I am 50% PTSD and 30% GSW total 80%. I also suffer from tinitus but have not pursued it. Not sure if I am in right forum for this? But since Viet Nam I have not liked loud noise, music, machinery, motorcycles, crowds of people, anything loud. I have mentioned this at the VA but nothing was done about it except a hearing test.

Now I find out on the internet it is a medical condition, noise aversion or misophonia. I seem to have level 8 misophonia. Is this connected to being a Viet Nam Vet in any way?

JIm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

I am 50% PTSD and 30% GSW total 80%. I also suffer from tinitus but have not pursued it. Not sure if I am in right forum for this? But since Viet Nam I have not liked loud noise, music, machinery, motorcycles, crowds of people, anything loud. I have mentioned this at the VA but nothing was done about it except a hearing test.

Now I find out on the internet it is a medical condition, noise aversion or misophonia. I seem to have level 8 misophonia. Is this connected to being a Viet Nam Vet in any way?

JIm

I do not find this condition to be service connectable in any of the DC's or BVA cases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had C&P for tinitus twice, but they found nothing wrong with hearing. There is nothing wrong with my hearing, but ears ring very loud. My outside hearing doctor said it most likely due to Diabetes II. So the tinitus should be secondary to DMII!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had the same problem. I went to the Dr at VA and the referred me to the hearing clinic.

There is a Swim Plug you can ask for that works very well for reducing sound levels. I wear it all day long and when I sleep, It has helped immensely

Please try it ,you nothing to loose

A hearing aid company makes a custom mold of your ear, tell them you want it to go as deeply as possible

Good Luck

RP

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

  • Advertisemnt

  • How to get your questions answered...

    question-001.jpeg

    All VA Claims questions should be posted on our forums. Read the forums without registering, to post you must register it’s free. Register for a free account.

    Tips on posting on the forums.

    1. Post a clear title like ‘Need help preparing PTSD claim’ or “VA med center won’t schedule my surgery” instead of ‘I have a question’.
    2. Knowledgable people who don’t have time to read all posts may skip yours if your need isn’t clear in the title. I don’t read all posts every login and will gravitate towards those I have more info on.
    3. Use paragraphs instead of one huge, rambling introduction or story. Again – You want to make it easy for others to help. If your question is buried in a monster paragraph there are fewer who will investigate to dig it out.

    Leading to:

    Post clear questions and then give background info on them.

    Examples:

    • A. I was previously denied for apnea – Should I refile a claim?
      • was diagnosed with apnea in service and received a CPAP machine but claim was denied in 2008. Should I refile?
    • B. I may have PTSD- how can I be sure?
      • I was involved in traumatic incident on base in 1974 and have had nightmares ever since, but I did not go to mental health while enlisted. How can I get help?

    This gives members a starting point to ask clarifying questions like “Can you post the Reasons for Denial from your claim?” etc.

    Note:

    Your firsts posts on the board may be delayed before they show up, as they are reviewed, this process does not take long and the review requirement will be removed usually by the 6th post, though we reserve the right to keep anyone on moderator preview.

    This process allows us to remove spam and other junk posts before they hit the board. We want to keep the focus on VA Claims and this helps us do that.

  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

    tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

  • Advertisemnt

  • VA Watchdog

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines