Using an Ad Blocker? Consider adding HadIt.com as an exception. Hadit.com is funded through advertising, ad free memberships, contributions and out of pocket. ×

Completely Confussed......

ProudwifeofVet7677

Question

I am posting this on behalf of my husband. A couple of days ago my husband had called the VA because he noticed that his increase and IU claim was stalled in "pending in decision approval" stage for 4 weeks. He was told that his claim was sent to a second rater because there were corrections that need to be done and it was sent back to the rating supervisor. In the middle of June he got a phone call from the Regional Director for the TVC in Waco RO and he told my husband that the unofficial word was an increase on mental and was granted TDIU. What could be the type of corrections? Could they changed their mind? My husband starting receiving SSDI while he was still active duty (going through the MEB). He's currently receiving 70% for numerous medical problems. Since there was corrections does the whole pending decision approval time frame start over? He's not getting straight answers now from the TVC or they won't return my husband's phone call which I guess he will have to email the Regional Director. We're just not getting answers about what happend. Does anyone have any ideas whats going on? We're praying its still in our favor. Thank you to all of you for your service.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

4 weeks pending decision approval is actually quite fast, I wouldn't consider that stalled at all. My last award was in decision approval for 124 days. I think some information has been confused, your claim probably went to a second signature and they disagreed with something and sent it back to the rater for correction this could be over anything. I would venture a guess that maybe they were arguing over whether this was permanent and total or they disagreed on a rating percentage on one of the issues. TVC contact to your husband sounds appropriate, if you are worried that he said "unofficial word" that is about as good as it will get from them. They are communicating preliminary information from the VA although when they get the decision it should be done and in final form, I am sure they don't want to over promise. I wouldn't make a stink with TVC, the fact they called and updated is more than many VSO's do. They won't be able to tell you about internal VA discussions or timelines. You will be in pending decision until it is signed off by all that have to. Then you will go into promulgation where they will set up the payments prepare the decision for mailing and send it on its way.

From what you related it sounds favorable (TDIU), but of course you really won't know if they have done right by him until you receive the decision. What I mean by that is, should he have been 100% schedular, should one of the disabilities be TDIU by itself and the remainging disabilities would then warrent an SMC rating?

Best regards,

Wow 124 days in decision approval?!?! That is insane! On in the middle of June when my husband talked to the TVC they said it was just mental they bumped up which we were happy about but left us wondering why they didn't up his rating on his back because his DDDand ridiculopoathy had gotten worse and we found out that he had a 2cm cyst on his S1-S4 region. He also has ulcerative colitis (which we know there was no reason for an increase), hearing loss with tinnitus, PTSD and a few other things. The guy did say he couldn't believe how bad my husband was for his age (35). We just laughed about it. He was permantly medically retired 20 months ago after 9.5 yrs of service. How many signatures does a claim take to sign off on?? Reason I ask is because his initial claim was done really really quick. I feel like I'm asking dumb questions. Now we understand what my dad had went through with all his claims but his RO was on top of it. I almost forgot to mention that we move out of state over a month ago to be closer to my family for more support. Thank you for response and thank you for your service!!!

That money would nice we really don't care about the money. If we get it we're just going to get my truck fix because the transfercase went, pay off some bills and the rest will go into savings and our 2 kids savings. We just want it over with so we don't have to deal with Waco RO anymore and just enjoy the care that my husband is getting from the KC VA! Thank you again!