VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Counts As A Disability To The Va

Rate this question

Buster

Question

I needed some information. I have submitted a claim for disability but I wanted to know if my VA rep left some things off that should have been counted. They are 1) hernia diagnoised while in Iraq 2) bulding disc in my neck as a result of shrapnel injury while in Iraq (well documented) 3) diagnosed with a staff infection after coming home to recover from my injury from my emergency surgery in Baghdad. None of these things were listed on my original claim. I am still waiting to hear a reply on percentage for my initial claim but wanted to know if these things should be submitted after the first decision is made.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Guest jstacy

Buster, If they give you any run around, Contact Congressman Ben Chandlers office. He would Jump all over this.Do not let the Louisville rating office mess this claim up. They are good at it.

Do you have a Veterans service officer. Call Randy Fisher. He can be reacjed today before 12 noon at 859 233-4511 . Dial 0 after the recording comes on and ask the operator to transfer you to his extension.

He will help and will hand deliver the claim to Louisville on monday.

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

While you are working on your service-connection(s), keep this in mind:

COMBAT VETERANS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR MEDICAL SERVICES FOR

2-YEARS AFTER SEPARATION FROM MILITARY SERVICE

NOTWITHSTANDING LACK OF EVIDENCE FOR SERVICE CONNECTION

http://www.pdhealth.mil/reservist/downloads/2year_health_caredirective.pdf

• HadIt.com Elder

Buster,

In California, unemployment is concurrent qwith State Disability Insurance. Check to make suire you are not elidigible for State disability. Also, if your disability is to keep you out of work for more than a year you can get Social Security Disability or SSI. Ask your doctor about Social Security. Also if you don't like what the doctor says get a social Security Atty.