VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sharing News About Chemical Exposure Related Infections

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello All, I have been missing the board for about a month now and just getting back to work. I acquired another infection on my finger. This is the fourth one this year. These are not infections from cuts or wounds and then get infected. These are MRSA and they are just coming up wherever they want to. I had one this winter that was actually on the ear drum. The doctors told me they had never seen one on the ear drum and that if the infection did not respond to the antibiotics then I was pretty much done. They also told me to report every morning for examination and to keep and eye on it. After the 5th day thank God it finally started to heal . That was infection number 3 in less than a year. Now this one came on last month and landed me in the Hospital with surgery from Ortho surgeon and intravenous antibiotics. It has taken about 4 weeks to heal it up . I am getting about 4 infections a year that all need antibiotics and treatment . This is the 3rd infection since 2007 that has required surgery and hospital stays.

My point here is for all of us Chemical Exposure Veterans , WE ARE HIGH RISK,,,,,,, our immune systems are now compromised and cannot fight them off. It also brings them on for no reason and as time marches on the sequence of frequency of them becomes more and more.

There are some good studies that show the relationship between infections and chemical exposures and the fact remains that most of us that suffer from the weakened immune systems are probably going to die from that event. Yes I do have Restricted and Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Pulmonary Hypertension which are also diseases that cause Immune system diseases . Yes I also have inflammatory bowel/Crones disease which is also another cause of immune system diseases.

Trying to do as the booklets the VA gives out . "Wash your hands" Use antibacterial soaps, use a bleach and water mixture to treat you bathroom and kitchen areas or any contaminated sites. Wash clothes daily and bedding . And so forth and so forth. I already do this but have found no way to slow or stop the onslaught.

I hope that each Veteran with chemical exposure realizes the potential for the damaged immune system and what can happen then.

I would also like to know if the immune system diseases or problems such as numerous infections can be filed as a claim and possibly linked to secondary from say the IBD or the Lung Disease? And do these also require another costly IMO to back it up. IMO with the Lung diseases and Bowel Diseases already exist for me.

Is anyone else experiencing this type of problem and does anyone have any suggestions on how to slow them down and filing a claim for it.

I used to get only 1 or 2 infections a year but now since I have gotten worse in the last 7 years it has been more like 4 or 5 each year.

I hope all my brothers and sisters are doing fine and appreciate all of you so much. Sorry I have not been able to post but trying to get back in the swing of things....

As always though NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet