VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Getting A 2Nd Copy Of My C File

Rate this question

PainterBK

Question

Now that my initial claim was decided, I am filing an NOD on the effective date portion of my

decision. When I request my 2nd copy of my C File do I include $25 check in envelope with

request? If so who do I make the check payable to? Thanks for your help.

Bob K

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

• HadIt.com Elder

Now that my initial claim was decided, I am filing an NOD on the effective date portion of my

decision. When I request my 2nd copy of my C File do I include $25 check in envelope with

Bob K

Bob - to my knowledge, the VA doesn't charge a flat rate but rather charges by the page. It used to be 25 cents a page, plus maybe an hourly rate. I don't know the current rate. You can probably call your RO to find out but they would need to count the pages to let you know, which they are not likely to do, while you're on the phone. I sent the request and they told me how much and since my file is about 5-6 volumes, offered that if I wanted to come in and do the copying, they would waive the fee. You could request an updated copy, from the date of your last request, for free.

pr

Bob - to my knowledge, the VA doesn't charge a flat rate but rather charges by the page. It used to be 25 cents a page, plus maybe an hourly rate. I don't know the current rate. You can probably call your RO to find out but they would need to count the pages to let you know, which they are not likely to do, while you're on the phone. I sent the request and they told me how much and since my file is about 5-6 volumes, offered that if I wanted to come in and do the copying, they would waive the fee. You could request an updated copy, from the date of your last request, for free.

pr

Thanks for the info Phil. I thought I had read somewhere it was $25 for additional copies.

I'd call my RO, but i don't want to wait a couple of weeks to get a response. I'd call my DAV rep. but I've never

actually spoken to her(so I really have no evidence she exists). Actually now that I think about it the people

on this board are the only ones who have given me any useful info. LOL

Thank You Phil,

Bob K

decision.

When I request my 2nd copy of my C File do I include $25 check in envelope with

Bob K

Do you feel like posting your argument for an EED?

I've never seen anything about a $25.00 fee - it's .25 cents a page last I saw.

Do you have your 1st copy of your file ?

• HadIt.com Elder

I would ask for the copy and wait and see what they do. Like I have said many times the VA does not read the file nor do they keep good records so the chances are they will not charge you.

I got a second copy after my 100% award at no charge. If they do charge it shgould only be for the copies you got the first time not anything after that.

Good Luck

Do you feel like posting your argument for an EED?

I've never seen anything about a $25.00 fee - it's .25 cents a page last I saw.

Do you have your 1st copy of your file ?

Hi Carlie,

Thanks for taking time to respond. I posted on this before without much luck.

I do have a lawyer looking at it per your advice. I have a copy of my c file from before it was decided.

I figured it would be better to have a copy of it after the decision.

Thanks again,

Bob K

I would ask for the copy and wait and see what they do. Like I have said many times the VA does not read the file nor do they keep good records so the chances are they will not charge you.

I got a second copy after my 100% award at no charge. If they do charge it shgould only be for the copies you got the first time not anything after that.

Good Luck

Sounds like a plan Pete,

Thanks for responding.

Bob K