VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting

Rate this question

Ret.Navy

Question

Hello Had-It, Well I have passed the two year mark and still waiting on a decision. I had congresstional inquiries from both a senator and a congressman and the VA told them both they were waiting on more evidence from me. Shortly after those responses I recieved the letter from Waco requesting info for the third time that I have sent twice already and is in the copy of the C-file the sent to me last year.

I was wondering if any one has had any experience with requesting a claim be expidited due to financial hardship, or getteing a decison from Waco VRO. I met with a local Veterans Benefits councelor here in Dallas and he faxed my request for my claim to be expedited due to severe financial hardship along with evidence. He told me that my claim should be before the board within three days and I should have a decision within a week. It was a good thing I had my boots on becuase it was getting thick in there. Just wondering what I can expect from here, but I believe it just more of the same (Wainting).

"I started with nothing, and after sevreal years of hard work I still have most of it left."

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

To expedite a claim it has to be to the point of being homeless at least that is my opinion. The others are over 70 or a critical illness. Many on Hadit have poor luck with an expedited claim and sometimes getting a Congressional slows things down.

I really think that with 2 years you might look into a Writ of Mandamus.

Good Luck

I had requested temporary 100% while recovering from my first back surgery and it was expedited due to financial hardship. I had a decision on that claim in just a little of a week, and was awarded the temp 100%. The money was in my account in just a few days.

I met with a local Veterans Benefits councelor here in Dallas and he faxed my request for my claim to be expedited due to severe financial hardship along with evidence. He told me that my claim should be before the board within three days and I should have a decision within a week. It was a good thing I had my boots on becuase it was getting thick in there. Just wondering what I can expect from here, but I believe it just more of the same (Wainting)

I agree - I'd want boots on too for that response -

helps keep the stink

off your feet : - )

I had requested temporary 100% while recovering from my first back surgery and it was expedited due to financial hardship. I had a decision on that claim in just a little of a week, and was awarded the temp 100%. The money was in my account in just a few days.

That was for a convalescent rating.

Claims under 38 CFR 4.30,follow a different path.