VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting

Rate this question

Ret.Navy

Question

Hello Had-It, Well I have passed the two year mark and still waiting on a decision. I had congresstional inquiries from both a senator and a congressman and the VA told them both they were waiting on more evidence from me. Shortly after those responses I recieved the letter from Waco requesting info for the third time that I have sent twice already and is in the copy of the C-file the sent to me last year.

I was wondering if any one has had any experience with requesting a claim be expidited due to financial hardship, or getteing a decison from Waco VRO. I met with a local Veterans Benefits councelor here in Dallas and he faxed my request for my claim to be expedited due to severe financial hardship along with evidence. He told me that my claim should be before the board within three days and I should have a decision within a week. It was a good thing I had my boots on becuase it was getting thick in there. Just wondering what I can expect from here, but I believe it just more of the same (Wainting).

"I started with nothing, and after sevreal years of hard work I still have most of it left."

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Good luck with your claim. Just thinking, not many vets that don't need money yesterday. I've yet to meet vet that said take your time, let others go ahead I don't need the money anyway. I know that you have hardship, most of us have needs just wonder how the VA rates those requests. I've had friends that lost families, homes, job etc. waiting on the VA. Sad, but waiting is the only thing consistant about the entire VA System.

i think that congressional inquiries slows things down. I have been waiting on a decision for almost two years. September will be two years to be exact.

I was also told on friday that i should have a decision in thirty days.

I don't believe that, but i will keep on waiting.

Called Peggy (Jut becuase I haven't had a good laugh in a while) to find out that my claim is still in the "gathering (dust) evidence phase. The question that nobody can answer for me is that why after sending in the same evidence with the form stating I have no more evidence please evaluate my claim three times, that I am still getting the same response. They keep requesting stuff they have. I know they have it becuase i hav e seen it in my C-file. So they have to be ignoring it and stalling, because either they are not reading it or I don't have it, either way I just want my claim looked at, by some one other than a file clerk.

Thanks Had it for the responses, I am not sure if I am asking a question or just venting any more. Sometimes I think that someone there retired and took my claim with them.

Maybe good news, maybe not. ebenifits shows my hardship information and my claim also has moved to the prepairing for a decision phase. I really hope to be posting something in the success forum pretty soon, if my cliam is not denied or returns to the gathering "dust: evidence phase.

Claim jumped to awaiting decision approval in just a few hours. I'm thinking really easy to award (which it should be) or they were quick to deny. EIther way the rep told me about a week, and it was a week ago today that we submitted evidence of severe financial hardship.

In my case and many other veterans it shouldn't have reached that point. Oh well I guess we will know soon enough.