VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success!

Rate this topic

witchhouse

Success!!!!

I got a call today from the person helping me and he said I was awarded an increase to 70% and IU Retro to March 06 when I filed the request for upgrade. Thank you Berta for your help and the suggestion to file for IU at the same time as the increase. I am going to wait until I get the letter and take a few days off from the computer and then start on my Claim for Gerd, ED, and Hiatal Hernia caused by PTSD and Meds.

Thanks for the support everyone. My suggestion to anyone filing a claim Keep it short and to the point and get letters from Doctors, family members, Army buddies and a short letter telling how your disability effects your life. I suggest you send in a new DD-214 Certified Copy, Form for Unemployability and the form from your employer's all can be downloaded from the web. The more prepared you are and organized the quicker things will go. J.M.H.O.

Thanks again everyone every post on this site and others have helped me immensely.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course congratulations are in order. One point though - why not start enjoying yourself and take the claims and appeals off the table. I don't see much more to gain (moneywise) except headaches, frustrations and adding more claims to an inundated system!

Steve

The reason that I want to continue with the claim process is that I do want to return to the workforce. I am after 34 years getting help with my PTSD. I am only 53 years young and in therapy twice a week and a PTSD group once a week. I just turned 19 when I returned from Vietnam I was a combat medic.

I am doing a lot better but I have a long way to go. I am learning to open up and gain self confidence. If I don't get any better and can't get back to work I will accept it but I am not going down without trying.

I am going for my other disabilities to protect my family and for my wife for her benefit should I die. I have heart problems, emphysema, enlarged adrenal glands and early signs of Diabetes. I am physically able to work but at this time not mentally. I am hoping to learn to cope with my PTSD.

What IU is to me is a little breathing room to get the help I need to arrest my disease PTSD. The VA has been very good to me both medically and claims wise. I went to the VA for help and I am getting it. I wish I asked for help 30 years ago but I am here now I spent too much time with the what if's I am trying to learn to live for today and build for the healthiest retirement as possible.

Guest rickb54

Witchouse,

Sounds like you have a good plan.

Beside never give up it doesn't matter if you have TDIU or not... the va must recognize and award all valid claims.....

If I took the advise of others who said do not submit any more claims after TDIU .. I would not have received sc for: COPD, Hearing, Tinnittis, or knee, nor would I have received any increase in ratings, My combined rating would still be 70, now it is 94%. All I need is one more 10% rating and I will have 100% schedular ratings.

I say if you got it coming go for it........