VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Says They Are Unable To Link My Va And Dod Records

Rate this question

chinavet

Question

For months the VA has told me they would assist me in getting signed into Ebenefits. I have logged about 90 hours on the phone and been shuttled to five different agencies.

I was in the military in the 70s and later worked for DOD for a short time in the 90s.

I first could not log onto Ebenefits because they only had me listed as a DOD record. Now they have both, but cannot figure out how to connect me to my service record.

So, I keep calling the 800 line. Over 100 bucks in overage calls last month.

Anyone else have a similar issue??

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

For months the VA has told me they would assist me in getting signed into Ebenefits. I have logged about 90 hours on the phone and been shuttled to five different agencies.

I was in the military in the 70s and later worked for DOD for a short time in the 90s.

I first could not log onto Ebenefits because they only had me listed as a DOD record. Now they have both, but cannot figure out how to connect me to my service record.

So, I keep calling the 800 line. Over 100 bucks in overage calls last month.

Anyone else have a similar issue??

Greetings 'chinavet'

Yes.

Hang in there... Good Luck...

Cmdf.Bob

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Call 800 827 1000 and select myhealthevet and someone will help me. The DOD website is worse than the VA

Yip, My husband had a heap of trouble trying to login, get account set up etc.

We finally took a trip in person the the VA Regional Office and they had him setup in less than 5 minutes

I had similar problems when I created my Basic account. It was difficult at first. However, I also made a trip to my VARO (Houston) and had a complete access account established. That only took signing one piece of paper.......and waiting in line for an hour and a half............was worth it though I suppose......maybe.

I understand now that you can register for the premier account online, or via telephone. That's got to be much better than driving a couple of hours to sign one sheet of paper.

Mark