VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Going Too Fast A Bad Thing?

Rate this question

damilwestlawnvet

Question

Hello everyone, I have a question about my claim. It's been open since Dec 2011, but it was closed because i didnt give them more info. I submitted info to the VA in May/June then I had a C&P exam on Jul 9. Then soon after my exam the claim went to Prepartion of a Decision and now today its Pending Decision Approval. I'm thinking to too fast and they are going to deny me. Any insight will be helpful. Thanks

Claim: PTSD

Service: 2002-2009

Edited by damilwestlawnvet

• Answers 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

No way to even guess on this with any accuracy - 50 / 50 either way.

Try to keep your stress down and just wait for either some money or

your official notification.

thank you for your guidance...maybe for once in my life luck will be on my side since its seems like the end is near i'll try not to get to antsy...

• HadIt.com Elder

If a claim is a fairly "simple" single issue claim - -

The VA has been severely and repeatedly criticised for the huge backlog.

Efforts to "streamline" processing for "simple" claims have been announced.

Before the "real" complaining started, the VA was taking between six months to a year

to award "simple" claims that fell under the "presumptive" rules. (2005-6 timeframe)

I have no doubt that reducing the number of pending claims is a or THE major VA goal, so a speed up in simple claims processing by the less experienced (and hopefully less biased) new personnel is something that accomplishes not a few things dear to the VA's heart.

Speed up some claims when possible and reduce the numbers of pending claims.

Utilize the new hires to do something useful. (We handled #### claims in XXXX, so send us a bonus, etc.)

Train with simpler claims, slowly working towards the more complex as experience is gained.

Establishment of functional teams that are "more efficient" (read faster) that can be used as a "standard"

to set goals, guides, and performance standards for those still stuck in the old processing practices.