VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Houston Vamc

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

Well, it's been a little over two years, and one month, and the good old clock is still ticking. However, I noticed a little activity on my eBenefits account this evening late. They wanted a few more details on my conditions, listed under "What Do We Still Need From You?" I took care of those via VONAPP, and will probably get a brown envelope in the mail late this week, containing another VCAA notice with the same questions, and another VCAA form for me to complete/sign. (I'll fill all that out, and send 'em what they want all over again in the U.S. Mail too just in case.)

However, I noticed something new to me that I have never seen before. There is now a new block called, "What Do We Still Need From Others?"

Underneath this block are the words, "Houston VAMC" and under date requested 07/24/2012 (of course), and date due 09/22/2012.

Does anybody know what this means? Although I have been waiting in line since June 19, 2010, I still consider myself a rookie at this because it is still my initial filing. Thank goodness I found this site to keep my mind at ease, and to help me with getting the right documentation/medical records/testimony, etc. to the VA. (Well, at least I hope it was the right documentation.)

Anybody know what the whole Houston VAMC means, and what it actually does?

Any advice/ideas would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mark

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

They did the same thing to me, they ask for information that they already had. Also, do not be surprised if you are not sent on a C&P exam. BTW, my claim is older than your claim. Both Waco and Houston Regional Offices are just in dissaray.

Papa

Wow......I was wondering what was up with the second round of questions. And no, I haven't been scheduled for a C&P Examination yet. I was wondering if that was what all of the "Houston VAMC" language was all about. I also checked my "calendars" to see if there was anything there. In the past, it would not allow me to access it, but now I can see the calendar, although nothing has been "scheduled" yet at least from what I can see.

I guess I may be asking a bunch of questions over in the C&P Examination section of the forum soon. I had almost given up on them scheduling me for one. (Not that I'm jumping for joy, or was hoping to get one.) I actually thought that between my military SMR's and all of my civilian records that it would suffice. Learrn something new every day, I reckon.

Papa, good luck on yours as well.

Mark

Just looked under the Exam Appointments Calendar, and it reads:

Date Requested By VA Benefits Office: July 24, 2012 1:46 p.m.

Request Status: Pending

Guess it may actually be C&P Exam time. What do y'all think?

Mark

@MarkInTexas.... I have the same thing on my ebenefits and it means they are going to schedule you a C&P exam and the date of 9/22/12 is the suspence date for the Va to have the exam completed and received back in their office from QTC or whomever is is going to do the exam. I would call Qtc @ 1800-545-9448 ext. 1430 and ask them if you are scheduled for an exam. This # is out of San Antonio. Congrats! It sure looks like C&P time!

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

The QTC Office has moved here in San Antonio. They are close to Loop 410 and Babcock near a Red Lobster.

I was really surprised that they needed information from a foot doctor, and I knew they had the info, as it was in my C-file, but sent it anyways, receipt return, of course. The initial letter from the VA only stated that they wanted to know what my current condition was, but did not say for what. Back in Feb. 2010, I had filed a claim for my back, hips, knees, alonf with other issues, and was given a general examination. The exam included a motion exam, reflexes, sticking needles, etc. This exam was around May-June 2010. Well, I decided it was time to call the people in DC for help. All I wanted to know is what the condition was. The very next day I got a call from the Houston Office, and talked to this guy that told me they have re-opened my claim for the injury to my Back!! I said I have been putting in claims since the early 1970s for a damaging injury to my lower back, and the VA has always denied that I was ever injured in the service. It is so plain to see, but could not get any VSO to help. He said yes, they now see where I was injured. When I got the QTC form it showed type of exam: re-opened. I do not expect them to go back to the 1970s, but they did screw up.

Papa