VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wouldn't It Be Great If.......................

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

Wouldn't it be great if they forced the VA to increase a veteran's rating 1% for each month that the VA took to process a claim after their magical 125 Day response time. 1% might not sound like much, but even under the VA's mysterious rating system, added up, it would definitely make a difference.

Plus, it would compel the VA to process claims much more effeciently, knowing there is a 1% penalty per month hanging over their heads.

I know it'll never happen, but I had an extra strong cup of coffee this morning, so my brain is in overdrive. Good morning, y'all.

Mark

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

A while ago I had mused on the board the idea that a veteran would get a 1.5 multiplier on thier award retro after 6 months, 2X at a year and and additional full increase each year it was pending.

Lets raise the stakes even higher, for each rating a RVSR has overturned on appeal lets have thier base salary reduced by 1percentage point and the regional office managers salary reduced by one tenth of a percent.

I suspect veterans would truly get the benefit of the doubt then.

Yea, but being a government office, it would never happen... lol. When there was a pay glitch with the finance office here at Nellis AFB, they started taking my money out of my next paycheck which was in 8 days. That paycheck was like $300. I was pissed. But when they owed me money for a move, it took about 3 months to get it in my account. pffff...

Edited by lysol