VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Can I Trust The Benefit Letter On Ebenefits?

Rate this question

midnight340

Question

Today I come home and check ebenefits to find my claim "Closed" and the download VA letters showing two new letters.... one is a Benefit Verification AB8 letter showing 100% disability payment amount, with a effective date of Dec. 1, 2011, the other is the Disabled Veteran Civil Service Preference AB4 .

CAN I TRUST THIS?

My bank is not yet showing the retro, and I have not received my decision packet yet either. I have read many times to not trust ebenefits..... But what about the letters? ....the benefit letter states:

"This letter certifies that xxxxxxxxxxx is receiving service-connected disability compensation from the Department of Veteran Affairs.

I don't know whether to stress out even more, or to consider celebrating.

Edited by midnight340

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have never had a problem with the letter generator. I does show early most of the time. It used to show $ amount and % of disablility, however they dropped the disability % from the letter.

You can go to the benifit Explorer and it may show you at 100% also. That would help quantify your 100%.

Anyway, congradulations,

Hamslice

Thanks Hamslice, I went to benefits Explorer and it also shows 100%...... After all I have been through (like a lot of you!) I stil find it difficult to trust any of this. This being Sunday, I can't even wait for the mail.

All this is very encouraging, but I guess I will need my envelope or the money in the bank to be sure?

Midnight...

Assume the best, but prepare for the worst. I agree that the AB8 letters seem pretty reliable, but they are part of an unreliable ebenefits system.

You can make a list..of your most urgent things to spend the money on, and prioritize them, reminding you that you probably wont be getting another retro check, so when this ones gone, its gone forever.

Relax, spend time fishing, with your Grand kids, going to church, etc, to occupy your time during the wait..dont just watch the mailbox because

"the watched pot never boils".

JOVO

Broncovet, deanburt.... thanks for the response. I so want to celebrate... but this has been so damn stressful for me, and a rocky path in so many ways.... I will work on my list of how to carefully deal with the retro, but can't seem to trust it all as of yet. Guess I need to see the letter or the money. But I am very encouraged, and relaxing some.

Steve (steve&pat) especially thanks to you and Pat. I don't know how I could have done this without your help. And it was so good to hear from you since you were there and understood what I was talking about. Thanks again. And to hadit for making the contact possible!!!

I will post in Success Stories when I get the money or letter.

If anyone knows more about how legal, trustworthy the posting of the EB8, EB4 in the documents is, (along with benefits Explorer showing 100%).... I welcome response. After all the crushed hope the first round, many of you can understand my hesitation to feel like this is real.