VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Much Can I Trust The Benefit Letter On Ebenefits?

Rate this question

midnight340

Question

Today I come home and check ebenefits to find my claim "Closed" and the download VA letters showing two new letters.... one is a Benefit Verification AB8 letter showing 100% disability payment amount, with a effective date of Dec. 1, 2011, the other is the Disabled Veteran Civil Service Preference AB4 .

CAN I TRUST THIS?

My bank is not yet showing the retro, and I have not received my decision packet yet either. I have read many times to not trust ebenefits..... But what about the letters? ....the benefit letter states:

"This letter certifies that xxxxxxxxxxx is receiving service-connected disability compensation from the Department of Veteran Affairs.

I don't know whether to stress out even more, or to consider celebrating.

Edited by midnight340

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So I managed to get a couple of threads going, but YES my white envelope came and confirmed the 100% P&T. By now it is soaking in (bank account helps!!!) and the long journey with so much stress is finally over. I am so very, very thankful and relaxing a little more every day....and feeling more positive than I can ever remember.

Maybe I can even ease up on the meds! :-)

ALSO: for those who are waiting and wondering, I do believe that once the VA letters are posted on ebenefits, you can indeed trust them.

Edited by midnight340