VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

Has anybody out there had any dealings with a company called Veterans Evaluation Services? Apparently, the VA has contracted with them to perform C&P examinations and testing on veterans. I see from their website that they are apparently headquartered near Houston.

I was called yesterday (Saturday) by a representative of this company (called me from a Tennessee telephone number) who advised me to call an 877 number on Monday to schedule my C&P examination. He did not know what conditions I was being examined for. (I have several, but tons of medical documentation on a few). He was polite, and told me that he simply didn't know, but that I would learn more on Monday when I called the number.

He further advised that his company was also contracting with "local" doctors to administer the examinations, and that I might not even have to drive to Houston. I'm still not sure what he means by local. I'm 2 hours from the VAMC in Houston.

Any information about this company and its services would be appreciated. And better still, any veterans that used them during their C&P process have good/bad experiences? Any advice would help me.

I'll try to post more tomorrow after I make the call to them to schedule. Have a great week.

Mark

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

"VES Awarded VHA Contract

Veterans Evaluation Services Awarded New Contracts

Veterans Evaluation Services will handle VA examinations in every U.S. state and territory, as well as multiple international locations including Germany, Japan, Costa Rica and Mexico.

Houston, TX, July 14, 2011: Veterans Evaluation Services (“VES”) – formerly MES Solutions-VES – was recently awarded a contract with the Department of Veterans Affairs to provide evaluations in over 20 VISNs across the United States states and territories, as well as Germany, Japan, Costa Rica and Mexico. VES proudly processes examinations in all US states and territories.

“We are grateful to the Veterans Administration for awarding us these additional contracts and for their continued confidence in VES to deliver global service at the highest level,” said Travis Fitzpatrick, President and CEO of VES. “I am proud of our staff and providers for the excellent quality of our work and for a consistently exceptional level of customer service. Most importantly, I am proud that VES is widely recognized and acknowledged across the world as a Veteran owned organization which treats Veterans and Service Members with the utmost dignity and respect. We believe it is never too late to welcome home a hero and the entire VES team is dedicated to honoring the brave men and women who provided and protected our Nation’s freedom.”

Link :

http://www.vesservices.com/ves/?page_id=376

Here's a quick update. This morning I called VES (another acronym....oh yay!) on the 877 number, and spoke with a lady who asked me for the last 4 of my SSN, and then pulled up my file. She advised that the VA had contracted with them to perform two separate exams/tests on me.

One is a an examination, and testing for infectious diseases. This was expected because part of my claim was concerning residual effects of Epstein Barr Virus (Mononucleosis), and the secondary conditions that occured as a result (Hodgkin's Lymphoma and Bell's Palsy).

The second was a bit of a surprise. She advised that this was for an audiology appointment. I have claims for tinnitus and hearing loss, but already had a recent examination (paid out of my own pocket) complete with results and an IMO letter from the audiologist.

I had other conditions as well, but had a ton of medical information.....well, had a ton of medical records on my Hodgkin's Lymphoma, etc. as well, but we'll see.

Back to the topic though, she asked whether I preferred to receive a hard copy appointment letter mailed to my home address (which she already had as well), or to have the appointment letter e-mailed. I opted for the hard copy to be mailed to me. I use e-mail quite a bit, but would rather have something solid with a U.S. Mail date stamp on the envelope. She did request my e -mail in the event that there were additional information that needed to be relayed to me.

She further explained that VES had contracts with doctors in the Beaumont area, where my C&P for Epstein Barr, etc. will be held, but that chances were that they would have to use a Houston audiology clinic for the other one. She of course told me the details would be in the letters. She also asked what days of the week would be preferable, and advised that some examinations were also done on weekends. I told her I would prefer Fridays and weekends if possible. We'll see how that works out.

That's about all I have right now. I'll update later when I have more information on VES, or how they do things.

As I mentioned before, if anybody out there has used VES before, I'd appreciate any insight on how they operate, or what I need to be prepared for.

Also, anybody out there ever attend an audiology or infectious diseases C&P? What do I need to do to be prepared for the interview/examinations?

Thanks again, everyone.

Mark

Also, anybody out there ever attend an audiology or infectious diseases C&P? What do I need to do to be prepared for the interview/examinations?

Many do or should use DBQ's (Disability Questionaire Form). You can look up what is on these forms here: http://benefits.va.gov/TRANSFORMATION/dbqs/ListBySymptom.asp

Here's a quick update. This morning I called VES (another acronym....oh yay!) on the 877 number, and spoke with a lady who asked me for the last 4 of my SSN, and then pulled up my file. She advised that the VA had contracted with them to perform two separate exams/tests on me.

One is a an examination, and testing for infectious diseases. This was expected because part of my claim was concerning residual effects of Epstein Barr Virus (Mononucleosis), and the secondary conditions that occured as a result (Hodgkin's Lymphoma and Bell's Palsy).

The second was a bit of a surprise. She advised that this was for an audiology appointment. I have claims for tinnitus and hearing loss, but already had a recent examination (paid out of my own pocket) complete with results and an IMO letter from the audiologist.

I had other conditions as well, but had a ton of medical information.....well, had a ton of medical records on my Hodgkin's Lymphoma, etc. as well, but we'll see.

Back to the topic though, she asked whether I preferred to receive a hard copy appointment letter mailed to my home address (which she already had as well), or to have the appointment letter e-mailed. I opted for the hard copy to be mailed to me. I use e-mail quite a bit, but would rather have something solid with a U.S. Mail date stamp on the envelope. She did request my e -mail in the event that there were additional information that needed to be relayed to me.

She further explained that VES had contracts with doctors in the Beaumont area, where my C&P for Epstein Barr, etc. will be held, but that chances were that they would have to use a Houston audiology clinic for the other one. She of course told me the details would be in the letters. She also asked what days of the week would be preferable, and advised that some examinations were also done on weekends. I told her I would prefer Fridays and weekends if possible. We'll see how that works out.

That's about all I have right now. I'll update later when I have more information on VES, or how they do things.

As I mentioned before, if anybody out there has used VES before, I'd appreciate any insight on how they operate, or what I need to be prepared for.

Thanks again, everyone.

Mark

Mark, Last year VA sent me to VES. I think their testing was much better than Va C&P test. They were asking about my problems and other problems , they actually tested me and not just look at as VA C&P did . So I think they help me get my compensation. They found something with my heart that my regular doctor did not see!

JMHO. Apparently, QTC was not getting the job done. I don't know if QTC's contract was up, or the VA just told them that they had to award another contract to someone else to get the work done. Actually the VA may have had to pay QTC money for allowing them to award this contract to VES. Hope not.

Papa