VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

MarkInTexas

Question

Has anybody out there had any dealings with a company called Veterans Evaluation Services? Apparently, the VA has contracted with them to perform C&P examinations and testing on veterans. I see from their website that they are apparently headquartered near Houston.

I was called yesterday (Saturday) by a representative of this company (called me from a Tennessee telephone number) who advised me to call an 877 number on Monday to schedule my C&P examination. He did not know what conditions I was being examined for. (I have several, but tons of medical documentation on a few). He was polite, and told me that he simply didn't know, but that I would learn more on Monday when I called the number.

He further advised that his company was also contracting with "local" doctors to administer the examinations, and that I might not even have to drive to Houston. I'm still not sure what he means by local. I'm 2 hours from the VAMC in Houston.

Any information about this company and its services would be appreciated. And better still, any veterans that used them during their C&P process have good/bad experiences? Any advice would help me.

I'll try to post more tomorrow after I make the call to them to schedule. Have a great week.

Mark

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

SP4, thanks for the update. I was worried.....well.....reckon I still am for that matter. I'll definitely keep everybody updated on VES and its services as I go through the scheduling and C&P process. One small hint of hope that I saw on the VES website was that it was run by veterans.

Papa, I never had experience with QTC (at least not yet), but read all of the horror stories. I"m sure that there are some good stories too, but sounded a lot like Vegas odds to me.

USMC, thanks for the link on the Disability Questionaire Forms. I've downloaded and will print out each one and study up. I am debating on making a notebook for each separate exam of medical records, testimony, medical journal information etc. in case the examiner has any questions, or is open to additional information. What do you think?

Good morning, all.

Mark

Edited by MarkInTexas

One more quick update. This afternoon I received a verification e-mail from VES. Then after verifying, I got another one containing attachments of VA mileage/travel voucher forms, a DBQ form and instructions. The e-mail stated I was set for August 10th for my appointment in Beaumont, Texas. (Pleasant surprise that it was on one of my preferred days of the week that I requested.)

The e-mail even had a sort of a Mapquest type directions map attached with the doctor's address.

Pretty cut and dry. I'll fill out the forms, and keep my fingers crossed. I'll update everybody on my VES experience as new events develop.

Thanks again,

Mark

OK, I know you guys may be tired of the VES updates, but here's one more. Yesterday, I received another e-mail from a VES representative, setting up my audiology C&P appointment for August 14th. They apologized in the e-mail for being unable to find my preferred days of the week for an appointment, and advised that the doctor's schedule was booked for August and they wanted to get me scheduled prior to the VA's due date.

The appointment is for an audiology office in Lufkin, Texas, which is much closer than Houston for me. The e-mail contained the same attachments that the previous did......travel form, questionaire and instructions.

I never did receive hard copies in the mail though, but I confirmed receipt of each e-mail. I'll keep everybody posted as I go through the VES adventure.

Mark

OK, I know you guys may be tired of the VES updates, but here's one more. Yesterday, I received another e-mail from a VES representative, setting up my audiology C&P appointment for August 14th. They apologized in the e-mail for being unable to find my preferred days of the week for an appointment, and advised that the doctor's schedule was booked for August and they wanted to get me scheduled prior to the VA's due date.

The appointment is for an audiology office in Lufkin, Texas, which is much closer than Houston for me. The e-mail contained the same attachments that the previous did......travel form, questionaire and instructions.

I never did receive hard copies in the mail though, but I confirmed receipt of each e-mail. I'll keep everybody posted as I go through the VES adventure.

Mark

Mark, VES was very active in sending me information, plus their tests was a real test. . I hope that you get the compensation that they own you. Make sure that they pay your travel pay. I they pay for one trip, but did not pay for the second and it could be the distances?

Cavtrooper, I'm not sure what the name of the clinic is, but the directions say that it is on Ellis Avenue in Lufkin. I'm relieved it's there because there is a lot less traffic congestion, and probably much better parking than trying to go to the VAMC in Houston.

SP4, thanks for the advice. They sent me travel/meal forms for both scheduled appointments, and I'll definitely fill them out. Do I complete the mileage, etc. before I get the facility to sign, or does VES or the VA complete all of that?

Although the Lufkin trip is longer, it's a much easier trip that Houston. Beaumont will only be about 40 miles or so, but is also preferred over Houston. At least they kept it all fairly close so far.

Thanks again,

Mark